anyone hear from theresa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone hear from theresa

Has anyone heard from Theresa. I think her daughter Nikki was having surgery March 30 at Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan yesterday and i know there are computers there. I'm surprised she hasn't posted.
    Jennifer

I think I see her on line! I hope all is well, good thought with your family at this time!
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Comment

Hi Everyone
      Nicole Is Doing Well.she Is In Alot Of Pain Off And On.she Doing Great Tonight Talking To Her Friend On The Phone.talking A Little Crazy.the Surgery Took 5 Hrs I Will Write Later
      THERESA

Comment

hi theresa
        glad to hear nicole is doing good. How are you doing? Keep us updated on how she is doing if you can.
        Jennifer

Comment

Theresa,
          I am glad to hear Nicole is doing well. We are praying for your guys and are hoping for a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted on how Nicole is doing.

'til later,
          Nikki

Comment

Hi Theresa,

Glad to hear surgery went well. Send us some details when you can!

Susanna
            Susanna
            ~~~~~~
            Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Hi Theresa

Good to hear you're doing OK.
              Hugs & prayers

Lorrie

Comment

Hi Everyone
                Its Been Kinda Hard To Write Nicole Is Still In Alot Of Pain And Starting To Get Control With Oral Pain Meds. We May Come Home Tues If She Contains To Go Well. Got To Go Nicole Needs Me
                THERESA

Comment

Hi Theresa,

That's great you might be going home on Tuesday. Make sure you stay on the nurses to bring in the pain management team if your daughter is suffering. She should have her pain well controlled, and if that's not the case, don't hesitate to make a fuss.

Have you had Richard as your nurse? We just loved him and if he's there, please give him a hug from a former patient.
                  Last edited by susannajon; 04-03-2005, 09:04 PM.
                  Susanna
                  ~~~~~~
                  Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Theresa,
                    I agree with Susanna. Keep that pain management team coming. If Crystal was hurting more than I thought she should I got the pain management team and asked them to make her comfortable. And, if a medication is making her sick, ask them to please do something about that too. I had one nurse that I kind of became enemies with because I would insist that she give Crystal something to keep her from getting sick. We only had her once. The rest of the nurses were very good at keeping the pain and nasuea (SP) under control. It will make a difference on how quickly Nikki gets back on her feet. If she isn't feeling good, she won't want to walk, eat, etc. Crystal didn't really eat until her last night. We finally asked her what she wanted to eat. She said pizza, so we sent out for pizza that night and had a going home party.

Love and prayers to all of you.

'til later,
                    Nikki

Comment

Hi Nikki,

How's Crystal doing? Is she still pretty much pain free? My little one has been having a pretty rough road lately. Seems like two steps forward, one step back. We've been on a bit of a plateau for the past week. I've been trying to scale back the pain meds with limited success. I do have her down from 10 mg every 3 hours (oxycontin) to 5 mg every 4 hrs. but she is really uncomfortable toward the end of the 4 hours, and she's still not making it through the night and is waking up needing meds.

I haven't had any luck getting her to do school work because she's having a tough time focusing. We are about three 1/2 weeks post op, and I'm hoping we are close to turning the corner...

Susanna
                      Susanna
                      ~~~~~~

Comment

susanna
                        I wouldn't worry yet about her still being on the pain meds. I remember i tried to wean nicole off them too early at first. I thought she was doing so good and i tried to give her a tylenol instead and it didn't work, so back on the meds she went. Grace is still only 3 1/2 weeks post. Some kids do go off them really early, but some don't. Nicole was definitely still on them by 3 1/2 weeks. I kept a little journal for a while and i just checked and she was still having 3 pills a day at 5 weeks, then after a while she gave up the pill in the late afternoon and the next to go was the morning one and the last to go was the night one. She was 9 weeks when she went back to school and didn't take any pain meds going to school.
                        She'll get there.
                        Jennifer

Comment

Thanks Jennifer!

It's good to hear that you guys were pretty much in the same place. I'm just trying to imagine my daughter going back to school in a week, and I just can't see it.
                          Susanna
                          ~~~~~~

Comment

Theresa,

Hi there! I thought about you and Nicole on Wednesday and found myself wishing we were in the same hospital so we could comfort one another. I don't know about your experience, but ours was far better than I ever could have hoped for. I can't believe I am home on my computer right now, last week at this time, I was preparing for Monday's surgery.

I am still thinking of you and praying Nicole is feeling better every day as Alex has.

All my best!

Lura

Comment

Well I Feel So Good That This Whole Surgery Is Over And Nicole Is Doing Better Hour By Hour. I Have Made The Hospital My Home Nicole Wants Me By Her Side. The Chair Isn't That Bad I Have Been Up Most Of The Time With Her. I'm Tried And Can't Wait To Get Home. We Are The Only Kid On The Floor And Have Are Own Room. The Nurses Are Great Richard Says Hi Susanna. We Had Him The Second Day. Kim Ihas Been With Nicole 3 Days I Love Her . Not To Happy With The Night Time Staff. Fri Night They Wanted To Send Her Back Downstairs. I Keep Calling For Help She Was Screaming In Pain. They Did Get It Under Control And I Have Been Very On Top Of Them. These Kids Should Have A Nurse With Them The First And Second Day To Help Them. Shes Sleeping Now Thank God I'm Wiped Out .he Fused Her From T4 L1 Post Fusion. She Walked Three Times So Far And The Gas Is Coming All She Ate Is Ice Cream And Ice Chips Today Was Her 1st Day Eating. I'm Going To Try And Sleep.i Will Try To Write Again.

Thanks For All Your Prayers And Love
                              Without All Of You I Would Of Never Gotton Throught
                              Theresa
                              Xoxoxo :d
                              THERESA

Comment

Working...
                              X