VBT/ASC under a fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBT/ASC under a fusion?

Hi all, looking for a singular place for the dumping of thoughts, ideas and opinions regarding VBT/ASC under a 16 year old CD implant pre-existing fusion that may or may not be holding. The fusion is T2-T12 and corrected a 45 degree curve to 14 and is now measured at 31. The VBT/ASC would be for a lumbar curve originally 25 corrected to 20 and now up to 40. I would hope VBT/ASC might be an option so as to preserve a good amount of flexibility and mobility considering I am only 28 almost 29.
    Feb 2003 - Diagnosed C (35) T (45) L (25)
    Dec 2003 - T2-T12 Fusion correcting to C (8), T (14), L (20)
    Oct 2019 - Lumbar curve progressed to 40
    Nov 2019 - Thoracic curve progressed to 31
    June/July 2020 - T10-S1 Fusion with SI fixation correcting to C (8), T (14), L (8)

This Facebook group might be the largest online group of people who are familiar with tethering..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

Concerneddad on this forum is a member there and can tell you about the group.

There are some young adults who are tethered but I think the best answer to your questions will have to come from the surgeons who do it and not lay patients.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      This Facebook group might be the largest online group of people who are familiar with tethering..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

Concerneddad on this forum is a member there and can tell you about the group.

There are some young adults who are tethered but I think the best answer to your questions will have to come from the surgeons who do it and not lay patients.
      Sharon is right. The only people who are going to be able to tell you whether you'd be a candidate for ASC (you wouldn't be one for VBT -- that's for teenagers and younger) are going to be the handful of docs who do it on mature adults. Given your age and your prior fusion, you're in a unique category, and I doubt there is anyone else who has an experience that is comparable.

Comment

Is there a relatively easy way to find those doctors who do ASC?
        Feb 2003 - Diagnosed C (35) T (45) L (25)
        Dec 2003 - T2-T12 Fusion correcting to C (8), T (14), L (20)
        Oct 2019 - Lumbar curve progressed to 40
        Nov 2019 - Thoracic curve progressed to 31
        June/July 2020 - T10-S1 Fusion with SI fixation correcting to C (8), T (14), L (8)

Comment

Www.spineandscoliosis.com/drs-abc
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Also:

https://www.scoliosisassociates.com/...eet-dr-lonner/

Those are the only ones I'm aware of in America who will do adult adults (there are a couple of others who will do skeletally mature teenagers, but they usually have a cutoff around 20 yo). There reportedly are also a couple in Europe but I haven't looked into that.

Comment

Working...
            X