Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cervical surgery with Scoliosis Surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervical surgery with Scoliosis Surgery?

I have serious problems in cervical spine-my neurologist told me in 5/19 I had 1-1 1/2 years before it effects my brain. So I have appt with Dr Gupta 1/15/20 & he will evaluate MRI of full spine plus my neurologist’s recommendations faxed to Dr G. I was told that it would probably be 2 separate surgeries. Since I’m going out of network (I’m in Ky and going to St Louis), I’m really concerned not only how to deal with fusion from C-Pelvic plus financial problems (how to afford with living on disability). Has anyone experienced this problem?

I don't know how you can deal with the financial issues? Are you qualified for Medicare on the disability? I would think it would be covered.
    As far as that extensive fusion, you will be surprised how well you will do once you are healed.
    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
    Right scapulectomy 6/15
    Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
    To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
    Broken neck 9/28/2018
    Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
    Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
    Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
    Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
    Osteotomy

Comment

Well, in re financial issues, given Kentucky went 62% for Trump, all I can tell you is to buck that in 2020 and help Kentucky vote in its own interests this time around. That's really all you can do.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by jackieg412 View Post
        I don't know how you can deal with the financial issues? Are you qualified for Medicare on the disability? I would think it would be covered.
        As far as that extensive fusion, you will be surprised how well you will do once you are healed.
        I do have Medicare Advantage Plan-will be looking at new plans that come out 10/1 but it’s going to be very expensive just going out of network alone—am worried given I probably will have 2 out of network fusion surgeries! Also have no support system so have to hire in home health aides which in the 2019 Medicare plans Anthem only pays for 124 hours year — I got estimate from only company in Lexington for 1 month and cost would be $15,800 plus! Thanks $22 hr for 24/7. So don’t know what’s going to be available for 2020. Can’t afford the high end insurance plans. Just have to pick the best I can afford then wait until 1/20 to see what Dr Gupta has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
          Well, in re financial issues, given Kentucky went 62% for Trump, all I can tell you is to buck that in 2020 and help Kentucky vote in its own interests this time around. That's really all you can do.
          Totally get it regarding importance of voting out Mitch/trump— don’t understand why Kentuckians don’t understand what they how much harm and divisiveness they are responsible for. Guess I’m 1 of few liberals here.

Comment

Working...
          X