Thread: Cervical thoracic question

Cervical thoracic question

Has anyone been fused thoracic to sacrum! Then developed cervical thoracic problems? So much pain all of a sudden.

Thank you to anyone who can give me info.

Yes that happened with mine. In order to relieve the problem I would get on the floor and do a plank on my forearms. Push up or down and something would move and feel better.
    Now because of my car accident and broken neck I haven't tried that. But now I am fused both anterior and posterior in the cervical. If the pain gets too much now I put on my cervical collar until it goes away.
    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
    Fractured t-9 six days out of surgery
    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
    PJK at t-9
    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
    Removal of left side t6-t10. 8/14
    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
    Right scapulectomy 6/15
    Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
    To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16

Quote Originally Posted by jackieg412 View Post
    Yes that happened with mine. In order to relieve the problem I would get on the floor and do a plank on my forearms. Push up or down and something would move and feel better.
    Now because of my car accident and broken neck I haven't tried that. But now I am fused both anterior and posterior in the cervical. If the pain gets too much now I put on my cervical collar until it goes away.
    I canít imagine being able to do a plank. It hurts to just lean over to pet my dog. It hurts under my left shoulder blade the most. My hunch side is my right.

Quote Originally Posted by jackieg412 View Post
    So you are now fused from Cervical to sacrum? Do you have motion in your neck?

Yes I can turn my neck but not well. I can look from side to side but I can't keep looking. It gets too sore yet.
    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
    Fractured t-9 six days out of surgery
    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
    PJK at t-9
    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
    Removal of left side t6-t10. 8/14
    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
    Right scapulectomy 6/15
    Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
    To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16