Aging Scolosis Patient-after 2 surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aging Scolosis Patient-after 2 surgeries

I have had harrington rods put in due to scolosis in 73 and had them removed due to a moving rod and worn hook in 95. After extensive pt (excercise has always been important to me) I still have muscle disfuction, spasming, now cervical and lumbar spondoylsis (buldging discs) at the top and bottom of fusion. I remain positive, do water aerobics, massage, walk when I can, but still live with chronic pain. I refuse to go on narchotics and take Zanaflex and lexapro. I would be interested in hearing from anyone going through or having these same type of symptoms or experiences. I am 51 years old.
    Last edited by Peggy Anne; 05-11-2005, 03:44 PM. Reason: elaborate

Hi Peggy Anne...

I'd like to encourage you to see a doctor who has a lot of experience treating people with prior scoliosis fusions. Where are you located?

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hey Linda,

Thanks for the response. I live in Charleston, SC. My surgeon is in Chicago where I grew up. He is Dr. Ronald DeWald, and world renown for Scolosis. I was advised by his staff that possibly they may have never removed rods on a patient that has has them in as long as mine were, either way the rods had to come out.

Anyway, I'm off for my daily walk with my dog, so I can build up those endorphins!

Have a great week-end

Peggy

Comment

Hi Peggy...

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone in SC. If you find yourself considering the possibility of more surgery, I hope you can find someone qualified. :-)

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X