Thread: Was Scoliscore finally pulled from the market?

Was Scoliscore finally pulled from the market?

DNA-based scoliosis scores did not differ in patients with, without curve progression

“For our results, we found no significant differences in ScoliScores between those patients that progressed and those that did not,” Benjamin D. Roye, MD, said at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting.

I saw this article this morning and it reminded me of ScoliScore.

I did a google search and I couldn't find the ScoliScore home page. Was it finally pulled from the market?
    Last edited by Dingo; 09-23-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Regression to the mean.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Just found the study from Dr. Roye.

An Independent Evaluation of the Validity of a DNA-Based Prognostic Test for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
    CONCLUSIONS: ScoliScores did not differ between patients with and without curve progression, and the negative and positive predictive values were lower in our study than in the previously published validation study by the developers of the test.
    Dr. Roye produced the same results as the 3 other independent studies on ScoliScore.

A replication study for association of 53 single nucleotide polymorphisms in a scoliosis prognostic test with progression of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in Japanese
    RESULTS: We evaluated the progression (N = 600) and nonprogression (N = 1114) subjects. Their risk allele frequencies were not different significantly. We found no replication of the association on AIS curve progression in any of the SNPs.
    A replication study for association of 53 single nucleotide polymorphisms in ScoliScore test with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in French-Canadian population
    CONCLUSION: Although the 52 SNPs studied here were previously associated with curve progression in an American population of European descent, we found no association in French-Canadian patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. This second replication cohort suggests that the lack of association of these SNPs in a Japanese cohort is not due to ethnicity.
    Replication of Association Between 53 Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms in a DNA-Based Diagnostic Test and AIS Progression in Chinese Han Population.
    CONCLUSION: ScoliScore could not be able to predict the curve progression of AIS in Chinese Han population.
    Last edited by Dingo; 09-23-2018 at 07:31 PM.