Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rash on Back post op

0B708DEB-7761-429C-B822-4765274A6856.jpg

I feel like I’m falling apart. I developed this rash next to my incision around 01/20/18 so about 2 months post op. I saw a dermatologist two weeks ago who believed it was fungal / heat rash and prescribed me ketoconazole and said it should go away. Well it’s been 10 days with minimal improvement. When I saw my surgeon 3 months post op they did not believe it was surgery related but I find that hard to believe as ive never had a rash like this in my life.

If anyone has any input or suggestions I would appreciate it. I am wondering if it is an allergic reaction to the hardware. I tried to insert a photo. Hopefully that worked.
    26 y/o male
    65 degree thoracic / 50 degree lumbar curve pre surgery
    Post surgery ??? Will know more 12/05/17
    First fusion done at age 12 (t8-11)

Originally posted by Optimist View Post
    [ATTACH]1972[/ATTACH]

I feel like I’m falling apart. I developed this rash next to my incision around 01/20/18 so about 2 months post op. I saw a dermatologist two weeks ago who believed it was fungal / heat rash and prescribed me ketoconazole and said it should go away. Well it’s been 10 days with minimal improvement. When I saw my surgeon 3 months post op they did not believe it was surgery related but I find that hard to believe as ive never had a rash like this in my life.

If anyone has any input or suggestions I would appreciate it. I am wondering if it is an allergic reaction to the hardware. I tried to insert a photo. Hopefully that worked.
    The red marks look a lot like a reaction to the adhesive in the bandages that covered your incision. The scaly part looks like it could be fungal. Whatever it is, it's probably too early to be really concerned about it. If the itching bothers you, try Benadryl.

Hang in there. This is probably just a minor blip on your long road to recovery.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Falling apart? We cant fall apart if we are screwed together! (smiley face)

Get some baking soda and do some baking soda baths....(Read about baking soda. Its old school and its cheap and it works)

Epsom salts are also good to have.....

Ed
      Last edited by titaniumed; 03-10-2018, 08:18 PM.
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Working...
      X