Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Excellent point.

Anti-vax people are not known for their logic.
    I don't think so,..........Pediatricians are monetarily compensated about $400 per child if they get a certain percentage of their young clients to fully vaccinate. So, 100 children times $400 is an extra $40,000 a year.......

Docs that dare to question and have second thoughts about vaccines have been ostracized, ridiculed, and put on "quack watch"......

Comment

Originally posted by Nim View Post
      I don't think so,..........Pediatricians are monetarily compensated about $400 per child if they get a certain percentage of their young clients to fully vaccinate. So, 100 children times $400 is an extra $40,000 a year........
      How do you know if they would make MUCH more off all the sick kids who have preventable diseases? They would be inundated and make much more money off sick kids I bet.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Pediatricians are monetarily compensated about $400 per child if they get a certain percentage of their young clients to fully vaccinate.
        Please give me the source of this info.
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
          It would be much more lucrative for physicians to not vaccinate, so they could treat all of the new cases of disease.
          This would be like reversing time and going back 150 years....

Those were hard times... Average lifespan was age 37.

http://www.legacy.com/life-and-death...ellum-era.html

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post

Ed
            Nim wants to return to those days.

Out o sight, out of mind.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

How do you know if they would make MUCH more off all the sick kids who have preventable diseases? They would be inundated and make much more money off sick kids I bet.
              So, here is how we know. Vaccines last anywhere from 2 to 20 years......and since fully vaxxed kids come down with these viruses, we know they are not 100% effective even in vaxxed kids......but, I digress,......Anyway, ....we do know many, if not most people over 18 do NOT continue to get vaccines for measles, mumps, etc every year.....so, in effect, most adults you are in contact with, are no longer vaccinated......and they are not coming down with measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox......Docs are not making money treating these.......

Comment

so, in effect, most adults you are in contact with, are no longer vaccinated......and they are not coming down with measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox......Docs are not making money treating these.......
                I am not sure this is correct. I think German measles does have waning titers but I am not sure that translates exactly into susceptibility to the disease. For the others if they actually do completely wear off and I doubt that... herd immunity. They would be getting sick if nobody was getting immunization vaccines.

You are standing on ground that you are simultaneously denying.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I do not know how to cut and paste, but, just put: Are pediatricians compensated for meeting a quota of fully vaccinated patients? Several different sites will come up. On another site I was on, someone posted text from the Blue Cross Blue Shield website, saying this.....I do not know how she found it....it was not on the general site.....So, you will have to explore a bit by putting what I said above, or similar in your search bar.

Comment

I am not sure this is correct. I think German measles does have waning titers but I am not sure that translates exactly into susceptibility to the disease. For the others if they actually do completely wear off and I doubt that... herd immunity. They would be getting sick if nobody was getting immunization vaccines.

You are standing on ground that you are simultaneously denying.
                    You can go on the CDC website......just google: How long do vaccines last? Or, How long is the efficacy of vaccines? The CDC site should come up with each vaccine and how long each may last......Most are only 2 to 10 years,....but, like I said before many fully vaccinated kids get the measles virus, pertussis, and flu, after they received the shot.

Comment

You can also just put: Blue Cross Blue Shield's Physician Incentive Program..........

Comment

I do not know how to cut and paste, but, just put: Are pediatricians compensated for meeting a quota of fully vaccinated patients? Several different sites will come up. On another site I was on, someone posted text from the Blue Cross Blue Shield website, saying this.....I do not know how she found it....it was not on the general site.....So, you will have to explore a bit by putting what I said above, or similar in your search bar.
                        And, what nefarious reasons do you suppose insurance companies have for giving incentives to physicians for vaccinating children? Do they own big pharma companies? No. Their incentive is to keep children healthy so that they don't have to pay a lot of money out to make those children well after they've contracted preventable disease.
                        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post

If you click the link and look at the future, life span increases to age 97. (2050-2100) An increase of lifespan from age 37 in 1850, to 97 in (2050-2100) Things are happening now! (looking at 10,000 years) Smallpox vaccinations started back in 1796
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Jenner

I have hiked up to the Bristlecone pines of Great Basin National Park here in Nevada hoping something would rub off as they live a long time. (smiley face) Actually its something to think about....(They "are" looking for scientists at this park)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biolog...lity_in_humans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy

Targeted gene therapy will solve many problems.....For scoliosis, disc regeneration will be a huge help. Altering mutated genes offers hope for many.....or potentially everyone.

The kids born today will see the benefits of this science. I wish I could live long enough to see this....

Bill Gates is throwing big money in this direction. The payoff will be like a baseball player hitting a baseball 5 miles out of the park. I don't invest in biotech's but will be watching the gene editing stocks...
                          https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crisp...123400571.html

Ed
                          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Again, you are the victim of not being able to tell factual sites from nonsense sites.

The solution is in what you wrote and you didn't realize it. It is the insurance companies who are paying these doctors, NOT the pharmaceutical companies. Why are insurance companies paying doctors to vaccinate? Because they crunched the numbers and they pay out less when the kids are vaccinated even with paying the doctor because the cost of the medical bills on sick kids who weren't vaccinated is higher.

https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Doctor...tions-42575027

Actually, we do get one. I'm a pediatrician. It's called a "Quality of Care Bonus" and it DOES NOT COME FROM BIG PHARMA. It comes from BIG INSURA. The INSURANCE companies pay us a bonus for taking good care of our patients. For pediatricians like me, that means making sure that kids have all their vaccines by a certain age.

Now, why would an INSURANCE company want to pay for me to give expensive vaccines (that they have to pay for, mind you) to a child if those vaccines were harmful? That would make no sense because the INSURANCE company would have to pay for the extra care that the child requires because of their "vaccine injuries." That would make absolutely NO SENSE.

No, the INSURANCE company has made an actuarial decision that by vaccinating my patients, I am reducing their costs by making my patients less likely to need expensive hospital stays and so the insurance company shares some of those costs with us.

Oh, and the reason for this, BTW, is the Affordable Care Act, which mandates that physicians be paid based on quality and cost savings, rather than production.

And I'm not exactly sure if I do have a price you could pay me to do something I thought was harmful to a patient, but if that price does exist, it's not a number I've ever seen. I didn't bust my ass through four years of university, four punishing years of medical school, and three dreadful years of residency . . . giving up my entire twenties to work in the lowest-paying hardest-working specialty in medicine just so I could hurt kids.
                            So the situation is that it is CHEAPER for insurance companies to pay doctors to vaccinate than to pay for sick kids. That's exactly the opposite of the point you were trying to make. At this point you should realize you have not mastered any of this material and are just confused.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

You can go on the CDC website......just google: How long do vaccines last? Or, How long is the efficacy of vaccines? The CDC site should come up with each vaccine and how long each may last......Most are only 2 to 10 years,....but, like I said before many fully vaccinated kids get the measles virus, pertussis, and flu, after they received the shot.
                              According to the CDC, vaccines can wear off. Elsewhere I saw something about a recent measles outbreak where vaccinated adults also got sick. But this certainly hasn't reached epidemic proportions so there must be some protection even if hte titers are low or it is mainly herd immunity. Maybe both. If that continues I think the CDC will recommend boosters.

Here is the answer from the CDC about illness in vaccinated children... https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents...ide-part4.html

Q: Can a child get a disease even after being vaccinated?
                              A: It isn’t very common, but it can happen. Depending on the vaccine, about 1% to 5% of children who are vaccinated fail to develop immunity. If these children are exposed to that disease, they could get sick. Sometimes giv ing an additional vaccine dose will stimulate an immune response in a child who didn’t respond to 1 dose. For example, a single dose of measles vaccine protects about 95% of children, but after 2 doses, almost 100% are immune.

Sometimes a child is exposed to a disease just prior to being vaccinated, and gets sick before the vaccine has had time to work. Sometimes a child gets sick with something that is similar to a disease they have been vacci nated against. This often happens with flu. Many viruses cause symptoms that look like flu, and people even call some of them flu, even though they are really something else. Flu vaccine doesn’t create immunity to these viruses.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

So, here is how we know. Vaccines last anywhere from 2 to 20 years......and since fully vaxxed kids come down with these viruses, we know they are not 100% effective even in vaxxed kids......but, I digress,......Anyway, ....we do know many, if not most people over 18 do NOT continue to get vaccines for measles, mumps, etc every year.....so, in effect, most adults you are in contact with, are no longer vaccinated......and they are not coming down with measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox......Docs are not making money treating these.......
                                As I mentioned, a recent measles outbreak occurred in part in adults vaccinated as kids. If that continues, I think the CDC will recommend boosters.

You and the anti-vaccine movement are no different than any other hysterical anti-factual movement like the creationists or the flat-earthers. It is easy for lay people to completely misunderstand the science and data and facts. It is on such a large scale that it is exhausting correcting all the nonsense. You are fooling yourself if you wander too far off the CDC site or too far away from logic. You are entitled to your own opinions. You are NOT entitled to your own facts. Everything you have written is opinion that is counterfactual.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X