Surgery tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow!

I am a nervous wreck, but besides that I think we are ready. We'll have a fabulous dinner tonight and some yummy dessert too. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for you thought and prayers! Hugs!

Sarah
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Good luck tomorrow!!!! You and your family will be in my prayers!!!
    ~*Lauren*~
    Braced for 5 months
    Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
    Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
    Surgery on April 26th 2005
    Fused from T3-L4
    Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

Sarah
      Best of luck tomorrow I've been a wreck myself for weeks. My 12 year old daughter is having surgery march 30.
      Keep us posted.
      In my prayers
      Theresa
      THERESA

Comment

Best of luck tomorrow. Your family will be in all of our thoughts and prayers tomorrow and the weeks to come. Let us know how things are going.

Mary Lou

Comment

Sarah,
          You are in our prayers. I wish I could be there to hold your hand while you wait for surgery to finish. Craig made me go out for a car ride with him. It did help pass the time away. I didn't stop me from worrying, but it helped pass the time. You may want to go for a walk or something.

I think every mom here will tell you nervousness is the normal reaction. I only slept 3 hours Monday night. When I woke up, I went to get some ice water at the nurses station. They asked if I was okay. I told them its just the unknown. They assured me I wasn't alone.

I just hope that that your after surgery experience has been as good as mine. Crystal has done wonderful and not complained much. She is reclining up in the bed now and sat on the edge of the bed about noon. They will sit her up again this evening on the edge of the bed. Don't be afraid to jump in and comfort your child. The nurses will let you help if you want, and if you don't want to that's fine. I am finding that being active in helping where I can for Crystal, is helping me too.

Well, I need to get back to Crystal. I'll write more later.

My prayers are with your family. We are watching for your posts.

'til later,
          Nikki

Comment

Thank you everyone, it is so comforting to knwo that I am not alone!
            SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Comment

We are heading to the hospital now...

Comment

Working...
              X