Hello all you lovely people. I have been a long time away from the forum because I am almost four years post op and had been feeling great. 2 days ago I woke up with some mild pain in the sacrum on the left side. I took some Advil and didn't think anything of it. The next morning after I got out of the shower, I had my left foot propped up to dry off my toes when, POP! I heard a loud cracking noise and I felt something go sproing. It kind of hurt, but not too badly, that is until I squatted down to pick something up off the floor (which is my customary way of doing it since I'm fused t10 to sacrum.) Squatting down was excruciating. That being said, walking, standing, sitting, and lying down feel ok, just a dull ache. And I can only walk really slow. My doctor is Dr. Errico in NYC, who I love. He's out of town, but his nurse practitioner Oksoon had me do an X-ray and said there is a crack in one of the rods. I'm supposed to leave for vacation in a few days but I have an appt to see Dr. E before I go. Seems weird to go on vacation knowing that cracked rod is in there. But I'm getting around ok and my husband and friends will be with me to help me out. And I ordered a fold up grabber to carry in my purse. I'm assuming I'm going to have to have a second surgery to get this fixed. Oksoon told me some people just live with the pain when a rod breaks and opt not to do anything. I don't really see that as an option. The whole reason I decided to get my spine fixed in the first place was to avoid a lifetime of pain. I guess now I'm doubling down on that decision. I feel sad that I'm putting my friends and family through this again. One of my family members is being very unsupportive which is making me feel worse. She thinks I should just turn to holistic healing and pain management. She had scoliosis too and that's how she has dealt with hers. I'm so angry and frustrated right now. I don't care that I have to have another surgery. I can deal with that. I just hate the feeling that I'm somehow letting everyone down. A lot of my friends and family tried to talk me out of doing it in the first place. Now I think they're all thinking "I told you so." Forum Friends, you all have gotten me through more dark times then you know, because I'm a bit of a lurker rather than a poster. I look forward to your words of wisdom once again.