Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone! Checking in one last time before my two day surgery! EEKKK!

Hi Everyone! Checking in one last time before my two day surgery! EEKKK!

I check in Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. For my first surgery. Thursday is the second day with the long surgery. I will post back here as soon as I am cognizant enough to do so. :-\. I am packing tomorrow and am taking enough for three weeks including rehab. I'm taking a little of everything and probably have too much, but that is no different than any other packing job to be away. LOL

You all have a great week. Myself? I'll be the one on the strong meds trying to figure out how to walk the room without tripping over the IV wiring when they bug me to get up out of the bed! Getting up will be a trip in itself. Wish me luck!

Sheryl aka. TXMom

Sheryl,

I wish you luck on a successful surgery. You will be fine. Just keep looking ahead. Let us know how you are doing. I will be thinking of you.

I also had anterior/ posterior but mine was done in one surgery.

Kathy
    Last edited by KathyInIowa; 03-19-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Decompression surgery L4/L5
    April 3, 2015
    Twin Cities Spine Center - Dr. Joseph Perra
    Fused from T11 - Sacrum anterior/posterior
    June 24, 2016 - 55 years old at surgery
    Twin Cities Spine Center - Dr. Joseph Perra
    Before Surgery: 42 degrees lumbar, 28 degrees thoracic
    After Surgery: 10 degrees lumbar, ?? Thoracic
    2 inches taller

Hi Sheryl,

May you stay as calm as can be with your surgery this week. I will be praying with you this week as you get ready to have your surgeries and may God keep you safe and in good hands with your surgeon.

I am looking forward to hearing from you afterwards and I hear the medicine will help afterwards as you begin the healing process.

Big Hugs from Louisiana

Melisse
    Melisse
    Diagnosed with Adolescent Scoliosis @ 12 y.o. Thoracolumbar curve was around 28*
    Wore Boston Brace 2 -3 yrs

Good luck sherly
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Healing thoughts and prayers to you. You will be up and about before you know it.
    T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
    Fractured t-9 six days out of surgery
    C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
    PJK at t-9
    T2--T10 fusion 2/11
    Removal of left side t6-t10. 8/14
    C 4-5 fusion 11/14
    Right scapulectomy 6/15
    Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
    To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16

Hi Kathy!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInIowa View Post
    Sheryl,

I wish you luck on a successful surgery. You will be fine. Just keep looking ahead. Let us know how you are doing. I will be thinking of you.

Kathy
    Hi Kathy,

Thank you so very much! We are here staying around the corner from the hospital and the time is ticking away quickly. I'm nervous, but also glad to be getting it over with. Perhaps soon I won't have the debilitating pain. Oh how wonderful that will/would be! God is in control, so I will be just fine.

Hugs,
    Sheryl

Hi Melisse!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay1974 View Post
    Hi Sheryl,

May you stay as calm as can be with your surgery this week. I will be praying with you this week as you get ready to have your surgeries and may God keep you safe and in good hands with your surgeon.

I am looking forward to hearing from you afterwards and I hear the medicine will help afterwards as you begin the healing process.

Big Hugs from Louisiana

Melisse
    Hi Melisse,

Oh my goodness, you are so precious! Thank you so very much. I so appreciate your prayers. I am praying that God is right there at the operating table with my surgeon and his team. I can picture it now.

I will be sure and post as soon as I am not goofy any more. HaHa! I have no idea how long the goofiness will last from the medications, but hopefully not more than a week or so.

Have a great week and I look forward to straightness and pain free backs! Yay!

Big Hugs right back to you,
    Sheryl

Hi Jackie!

Quote Originally Posted by jackieg412 View Post
    Healing thoughts and prayers to you. You will be up and about before you know it.

Thank you so much, Jackie! I appreciate your well wishes and prayers more than you know. I can't wait to be up and about!

Big Hugs from Texas!
    Sheryl

Hi Kennedy!

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    Good luck sherly

Thank you so much, Kennedy!

Have a wonderful week,

Sheryl

Hi Kathy!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyInIowa View Post
    Sheryl,

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really do appreciate it so very much. I'm glad that your surgery is behind you. And, I Hope that you are doing well with it. I will, indeed, let everyone know how it is all going. Thanks again!

Sheryl

Hi Kara,

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    Good luck sherly
    Hi Kara,

Thank you very much! Have a great week, Kara!

Sheryl

Your welcome
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Hi, Sheryl,
    Best of luck with your surgery and recovery. You will be fine! It's so nice when the surgery is behind you and you can focus on the recovery. We will be watching for your posts when you are able.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Quote Originally Posted by TXMom View Post
    I check in Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. For my first surgery. Thursday is the second day with the long surgery. I will post back here as soon as I am cognizant enough to do so. :-\. I am packing tomorrow and am taking enough for three weeks including rehab. I'm taking a little of everything and probably have too much, but that is no different than any other packing job to be away. LOL

You all have a great week. Myself? I'll be the one on the strong meds trying to figure out how to walk the room without tripping over the IV wiring when they bug me to get up out of the bed! Getting up will be a trip in itself. Wish me luck!

Sheryl aka. TXMom
    Good Luck- hope all well!

You're On Your Way

Hi Sheryl, I'm making myself scarce here as Firefox and IE keep throwing up warnings (on my desktop PC) about this being an unsafe site. That is why this is late. You're finishing up Pt II as I write, I will soon enough get an idea what you are experiencing. You and Ed got the "double whammy", anterior and posterior. Mine is going to be all posterior, but scheduled for 12 hours. I wish you all the best. My hope is that when folks get to the point where we are, going through Hell is possible if you can look in the mirror and see a person with normal posture. I have been compromised for so long, it will be a major change. If it works well, I will curse myself for waiting so long. If not, well I'd rather go down swinging. The prevailing wisdom, echoed by a post-op PM nurse who specialized in scoli repairs, is the more pain you were used to the better you tolerate the post-op pain. If that is true then we should be fine. I'll check in again in a week or so with my iPad which doesn't have problems with the site. Best Wishes For A Smooth Ride, Chet