Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 years postoperative Hey everyone! Nov 2009 i had my first appt over at uc davis sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 years postoperative Hey everyone! Nov 2009 i had my first appt over at uc davis sp

Hey everyone! Nov 2009 i had my first appt over at uc davis spine center. my appt was 11 in the morning let me tell you that during that appt i wasnt a happy camper because my doctor was runing behide. so when he came in to the room he saw that i been crying. my mom said to him she though that you guys forgot about her. Dr Gupta said they would never do that. so after i calmed down Dr gupta Examed me. then after a couple weeks after that appt my surgery was orgnial set for March 19th 2010. Then on march 2nd 2010 UC Davis Called to asked if Dr Gupta could move my surgery up to March 10 2010. my mom asked if that was ok i said yes that fine. so she called uc davis back to let them know that was ok. so the next 3 days at school i was being sort of quiet. During 5th preiod at school my teacher and classmates gave me a get well soon card. my teacher mr webster asked if i was going to open it? i wasnt sure at first. when i did i though i was going to breakdown crying because it ment so much that they cared about me. on March 9th 2010 i had my pre-op appt at uc davis. i met with Dr Tom and Dr Gupta, signed the consent forms, had x-rays, lab work etc. the night before surgery my sisters and their families came to sacramento to have dinner with me before my surgery. after dinner they went back home and me, mom, dad. grandma and aunt went back to the hotel. i tryed to get a good night sleep. March 10 2010 day of surgery. i was amitted to the Orthopedic service at 6:52 AM. nurses called other patients names. A nurse called my name Kara? My mom and Me followed her to my room i stayed in before Surgery. She said to take off all my clothes off. i wasnt to happy about takeing off my underpants and bra. but i manged to do it. i then put my gown on. my mom then i think my mom or the nurse went to get my dad, grandma and aunt i dont really remember. We took pic of me with my mom, then with my dad and grandma, then with my aunt and grandma. then after that a person from the OR came in get me to take to the OR we had to get me a new surgery hat the one i had a big hole. when i got to the OR Area i met with my Surgeon, anesthesiologist, the nevre tech and OR Nurse. after 8 hours i came out with two rods, 8 screws, 5 hooks and 1 crossline. I spended two and half days in the ICU. later on day 3 i was moved to Davis 14. i wanst to happy. also on day 3 i meet with a PT and OT. at 1st I wasnt to happy about doing PT and OT. but i new that would get me out of the hospital. the PT had me sit on the edge of my bed, stand up and do side steps. i think that was for that day. On Day 4 I had PT twice i when i went to sit up my back went pop. lucky the PT heard the pop as well. he had me walk with a walker to the door and asked if i can tryed if i can go the middle desk of the unit i didnt really want to but i mange to. then. he had me sit in a PT Chair for 30 mins i didnt like that idea but i think after 15 mins he came back to get me in bed. later that day i had X-rays taken. day 5 i had PT and OT again i did the same things as the day before. but no x-rays. Day 6 Post-op was a busy day. i wanted some fruit so my mom asked my nurse if i can try to eat some fruit. she said yes. i though i was going vomit it back up. but surperly i didnt. i had my last session with PT today. i walked and sat in that stinky PT chair. I had X-rays done. when i got make from x-ray i had lunch. i only ate a few fries and 2 bits of chicken burger. so later that day i was release from UC Davis. I had seveal Post-op Appt incluing the one where i met my new Surgeon Dr Javidan
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Kara congratulations on the seven year mark! It is valuable when people who have had surgery and moved forward in life write about their surgery so new people can know what to expect.

Thank you for doing this, Kara.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Your welcome sharon
      Kara
      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
      Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
      T4-L2
      Before 50T
      After 20T

Comment

Working...