Thread: Bit of advice

Bit of advice

Where do I go from here... my last appointment with my scoliosis consult resulted in him ordering another MRI of my spine.

I mentioned that I had some exacerbated bladder and bowel problems with loads of 'pressure' down there... I also mentioned much more severe pain down both legs and dreadful pain in my tailbone ( this one makes me shriek when I go from sitting to standing).

the report from the MRI showed no-Cauda Equina and then listed a whole load of stuff about bulges, narrowing etc. at L5 particularly but no nerve compression It was read to me over the phone ( UK NHS trust issue) and will now be sent back to Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital whom I am under. I have my next apt with them in May to discuss.

Where do I go from here ? Obviously they were looking for CE and relief that it wasn't but what else could be causing this exacerbation of problems etc. I have a feeling that the apt will centre around no CE but not focus on what can be done?

Hi Burdle,

I certainly hope the ruling out of CE does not take up more than a few seconds of your May appointment. They have to have a plan to solve this.

Ed just posted a talk by Boachie that lists many reasons for pain in adults. Maybe this will help with ideas of what to do next.

https://www.hss.edu/professional-con...l-stenosis.asp
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Hi Burdle,

I certainly hope the ruling out of CE does not take up more than a few seconds of your May appointment. They have to have a plan to solve this.

Ed just posted a talk by Boachie that lists many reasons for pain in adults. Maybe this will help with ideas of what to do next.

https://www.hss.edu/professional-con...l-stenosis.asp
    Thanks Sharon - this link is very informative- makes me wonder even more why no-one is really doing much about me given the future I may face with curves such as mine.

Am I reading Boachies article correct? It says for posterior fusion only, the pseudothrosis rate is 50%?
    Melisse
    Diagnosed with Adolescent Scoliosis @ 12 y.o. Thoracolumbar curve was around 28*
    Wore Boston Brace 2 -3 yrs

What patient population is he talking about? That is not the correct figure for kids for example.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."