Thread: Replacement for Forteo in men

Replacement for Forteo in men

Hello All, I will end my 2 years of Forteo this month. I see my rheumatologist tomorrow. Dr. Lenke's office recommended Prolia. The cost of that is out of the question, unless they have some sort of assistance program like Lilly did with Forteo. Fosamax generic tablets are the least expensive. Experiences/thoughts? THX, Chet

https://www.prolia.com/treatment/payment-program/

It seems that most of the really expensive medications have programs. If you search on the name of the drug, and co-pay card, you'll usually find what you're looking for.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

Prolia it is

Linda, Dr. Lenke's office recommended Prolia also. I saw my rhuematologist yesterday. He agreed, and his staff was to begin the requisition process. The last time they did that with Forteo, they told me it would be $5K for 3 months. I went to Lilly myself and got it pro bono. I was pleasantly surprised when they called today and said the Prolia was approved. Maybe my luck is changing... Chet