I freak out when I get nervous, the hardware seem like chains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I freak out when I get nervous, the hardware seem like chains

when I used to get nervous before surgery- not pre surgery , but nervousness episodes in life before surgery- I used to move my body, using all the bones and joints as an instinct to combat stress. Now, when I have an episode of nervousnesss the fusion area and the hardaware makes me feel like in a jail or a hand(spine)cuff. Do you feel the same?

When I freak out I can't sit still, so I move , and then when I noticed that I did lost mobility I freak out even more

Sometimes I just wish I could remove the hardware by myself.

Do you have this same issue? How do you deal with stress events after surgery, like after full-recovery? do you feel the same?

Originally posted by richardis View Post
    when I used to get nervous before surgery- not pre surgery , but nervousness episodes in life before surgery- I used to move my body, using all the bones and joints as an instinct to combat stress. Now, when I have an episode of nervousnesss the fusion area and the hardaware makes me feel like in a jail or a hand(spine)cuff. Do you feel the same?

When I freak out I can't sit still, so I move , and then when I noticed that I did lost mobility I freak out even more

Sometimes I just wish I could remove the hardware by myself.

Do you have this same issue? How do you deal with stress events after surgery, like after full-recovery? do you feel the same?

Hi Richardis

This sounds kind of silly but have you tried dancing? I have a lot of back pain and really miss running or working out so like multiple times a day I find some tunes and just dance for a bit. You can just do what your body allows. Maybe it will help you get rid of some nervous energy and not think too much about your hardware.

-Liv
    Surgery Jan 6, 2014 at 38 yrs
    Posterior Fusion T10-L4, osteotomy 1 lev.
    Pre op-Thoracolumbar Curve-50 degrees

Comment

Working...
    X