Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Sick 14 Days To Get Better

AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MY NICOLE IS SICK. MY FAULT I LET HER GO TO THE SCHOOL DANCE WITH (400)--KIDS-- 6TH 7TH AND 8TH GRADER. WELL SHE JUST WANTS TO BE A KID. I HAVE 14 DAYS TO GET HER BETTER AND HOPEFULLY I DON'T CAUGHT IT.
    THERESA
    THERESA

I hope she gets better really quick!!!!! I myself have a cold right now and it's pretty nasty cold. It's been going around my school for a while now. This is my second or third time catching it. Anyway, I will keep her in my prayers that she gets well!
    ~*Lauren*~
    Braced for 5 months
    Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
    Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
    Surgery on April 26th 2005
    Fused from T3-L4
    Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

Theresa,

I know how stressed you are feeling right now. Been there, done that!!!! Cold, flu, whatever she's got, she'll be over it in 14 days. Just keep that vitamin C and Iron going in.

Hugs to you,
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

don't worry, she will definitely be better in 14 days. There is no cold that lasts that long and think positive, better now then right before the surgery. This way she'll be over it before and be fine in time for the surgery. I can totally understand though being stressed about it though. Like susanna said lot's of vitamin c and orange juice!
        jennifer

Comment

In New Zealand we're big on Echinicea for reducing the severity of colds. Works for me, and I don't really care whether it's a placebo effect or not. And keep the child on the couch. Use the TV if you have to, these are desperate times.

The local scoli coordinator told me yesterday that we must be very careful that Caitlin doesn't get any cuts that could become infected near her surgery date (2nd May). How on earth am I to insure that the child doesn't cut herself? She may be spending the second half of April in her room....in bed....wrapped in pillows.

Good luck - Patricia
          Patricia
          Scoli Mum from New Zealand
          Daughter Caitlin's surgery 2nd May 2005
          Posterior fusion T3 - L1

Comment

Don't hesitate to take her to her family doctor. They usually don't give antibiotics for colds, but if she isn't showing signs of getting better in a few days, at least call the doctor to make sure it isn't something other than a cold. There is so much going around this year, that it is better safe than sorry at this point.

Mary Lou

Comment

Hi there,
              You could try steam inhalation to go with the vitamin c etc - it's supposed to reduce the duration of a cold. It also lets you tell your daughter to 'go and boil her head' while still sounding like a concerned and considerate mummy!.
              Keep smiling.
              Lorrie

Comment

Theresa,

Nicole and my Alex are the same age, and her surgery is the day after Alex's. I find more interesting info. in these threads the more I read. Know that I will be thinking of you and Nicole.

Lura

Comment

Theresa,
                  Don't be afraid to take Nicole to the doctor. Crystal has a sinus infection about 18 days before her surgery date. Took her to the doc, because I thought it was a cold and wanted help fast. It was sinus infection. Put her on antibiotics and she was feeling better in a couple of days and completely cleared up in 10 days. So glad we did.

You sound so much like me. That is why we took Crystal out of school three weeks before surgery. I think you and I posted back and forth about it.

I'll be praying for you, as we know how important that surgery date it. We made it through our because of everyone else's prayers.

Love & Prayers.

'til later,
                  Nikki

Comment

well she feeling better keep her home two days let her march in the st pattys parade in nyc. she was wiped out but had her heart set on going. tonight at a sleep over with 6 girlfriends a surgery good luck party. then thats it i'm going to tell her to relax.
                    lura hi i will keep alex in my prayers. where are you having your surgery?
                    theresa
                    THERESA

Comment

Theresa,

Hi there! Alex's surgery is in Spokane, WA. How about Nicole? We live in Butte, Montana - I think it is the only place in the USA other than New York that celebrates St. Patricks Day in a huge way!!

Isn't this web site so helpful? I never would have thought of the memory foam mattress! I am looking for a recliner though.

I am completely exhausted this past week, I'm pretty sure it is just stress. Afraid as I am about the surgery, I'm ready to be on the other side. I'm sure you are feeling the same way.

Take care!

Lura

Comment

Hi Lura
                        We Are From Long Island Having Surgery At The Hospital For Special Sugery nyc March 30. With Dr. Boachie Susanna And Jennifer Also Went To The Same Place. [small World] I Find Myself Glue To This Site Latley Lots Of Support And I Have Learn So Much. I Wish I Found It Sooner I Think I Started Posting The Middle Of Feb. I Could Of Use The Advice Sooner. Like Went She First Started With Wearing The Brace And How To Sleep In It The Sores Etc Etc. Well Glad Your Here The Moms Here Are The Best. The Memory Form Is Great Nicole Has It On Her Bed She Wears The Brace 16hrs A Day Helps Her Sleep.the Stress Is Killing Me Too. Jan 7 I Found Out My Daughter Needed Surgery. We Then Went To 3 Other Doctor On Feb 7 We Went With Dr. Boachie. Since Then I Have Been A Nut. I Also Can't Wait To Be On The Other Side. Talk To You Soon Theresa
                        THERESA

Comment

Hi Lura & Theresa,

I felt just like you guys before surgery. Totally exhausted due to stress and sleep deprivation. This is a tough thing to go through, but please know you are not alone. We all understand what you're feeling! Right now, I feel like a nursing mother with a new baby, up every three hours to give my daughter her pain meds. I feel like a new mom also in the fact that we made it through, and now we're on the other side and she's going to be fine!

I found this great place online that has excellent prices and free shipping. I have ordered a bunch of things from them, and they've been outstanding. The carry memory foam mattress toppers, the Comfort-U body pillows, and LaFuma recliners. The LaFuma is small and light, so it's easy to move from room to room, and my daughter has literally lived in it since she got home from the hospital. It's really a mesh deck chair with a metal frame, but we popped a couple of pillows in it, and it's been perfect. It lets air circulate around her so she doesn't get too hot and sweaty like she would in a big recliner, and it provides firm support which she feels like she needs. I know I sound like an ad, but this place has been great and the service excellent. It's called comfortchannel.com.

Anyhow, I am thinking of both of you!

Susanna
                          Susanna
                          ~~~~~~
                          Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
                          X