X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Here is the SRS site.

http://www.srs.org/

W.R.T. NSF, I would consider anything beyond the forum to be duplicative of that site. Joe has apparently picked a thing to champion which appears to be early screening. He may have done so because there was no consensus among surgeons that early screening is useful absent some effective conservative treatment. I am just spitting in the wind here in re Joe's purpose.
    I don't think it was Joe who set the original focus. It was Bunny Gowen, the founder of the NSF, who saw what occurred when scoliosis wasn't diagnosed and kids went on to get 100+ degree curves. Again, as a non-medical professional, Bunny saw that school screening was the one thing she had the ability to affect.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Okay thanks for that info, Linda.

Large curves in the US are unusual despite the lack of uniform school screening as far as I know.

The danger of early screening is large rates of unnecessary and ineffective treatment. I think that is why there were many surgeons who argued against early screening.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I have had a good look now and it does strike me that as SPINECOR is highlighted as a non-surgical treatment that there should be at least some mention of latest surgical options. Spinecor is no longer recommended as a treatment instead of a conventional brace by medical professionals anyway as far as I can tell?

There is a lot of things about awareness etc. and screening an patient stories but as it is called the NATIONAL Scoliosis Foundation- it should mention VBT as options for one to discuss with a surgeon. It should not represent any partisan view?

There are interviews about surgery after all on the site and these are as recent as 2015 so surely in order to make sure scoliosis sufferers are aware there should be some mention of VBT.

Comment

Originally posted by burdle View Post
          Spinecor is no longer recommended as a treatment instead of a conventional brace by medical professionals anyway as far as I can tell?
          That's true as far as I know. You pretty much have to be driven to a chiro to get it as, in the words of a top pediatric orthopedic surgeon, they (the surgeons) "just couldn't make it work". Our surgeon told me that the journal articles that the Spinecor inventors published were not believed by a lot of surgeons. And in fact they were right not to believe them as it turns out.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Absolutely false. Not only chiropractors works with Spinecor and of course surgeons can make it works since is the invention of surgeons (although there was another very much similar centuries ago). If some of them don't believe in those journal articles is simply because they don't want to believe in nothing else than fusion.. coincidently what they are doing since decades ago.. what a coincidence!.
            Last edited by flerc; 01-23-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burdle View Post
              it should mention VBT as options for one to discuss with a surgeon.
              Surgeons only doing fusion don't talk with patients about Vbt and when they are asked about it, they says only that is not enough proved.. nothing about the big advantages over fusion.. is it part of the same coincidence?..

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                Absolutely false. Not only chiropractors works with Spinecor and of course surgeons can make it works since is the invention of surgeons (although there was another very much similar centuries ago). If some of them don't believe in those journal articles is simply because they don't want to believe in nothing else than fusion.. coincidently what they are doing since decades ago.. what a coincidence!.
                This is an ignorant statement.

The surgeons who couldn't make Spinecor work, and the surgeons who don't believe the journal articles, are often using hard braces and/or VBS and/or VBT. These people are NOT just doing fusions. You don't know what you are talking about and it shows. You are spouting a crackpot conspiracy theory and it shows.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Surgeons only doing fusion don't talk with patients about Vbt and when they are asked about it, they says only that is not enough proved.. nothing about the big advantages over fusion.. is it part of the same coincidence?..
                  They probably are telling patients it is still experimental which it is. They are probably telling patients to talk with the surgeons who are trained in the technique. What you don't understand is the top pediatric orthopedic surgeons are BOOKED SOLID. Try getting a fusion over a school break without booking far ahead. They don't need more patients. You are very ignorant about this topic.

It POTENTIALLY has big advantages. That is different from what you stated. Again, you don't know what you are talking about.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Is comic to see you talking about launching a theory of conspiracy really.

How many surgeons do you know working with Vbt? What have to do they uses hard braces? Is part of the protocol, they have no choice and certainly most of them don't take into account about them what they should.

Comment

They probably are telling patients it is still experimental which it is. They are probably telling patients to talk with the surgeons who are trained in the technique. What you don't understand is the top pediatric orthopedic surgeons are BOOKED SOLID. Try getting a fusion over a school break without booking far ahead. They don't need more patients. You are very ignorant about this topic.

It POTENTIALLY has big advantages. That is different from what you stated. Again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Probably, probably, talk about facts as I did! I'm not speculating, I know what much surgeons says. Surely your fault of logic don't allow you to see the diference.
                      'Try getting a fusion over a school break without booking far ahead. They don't need more patients.' and probably many of the surgeons that you say wants that it never changes.
                      Last edited by flerc; 01-23-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

It POTENTIALLY has big advantages. That is different from what you stated.
                        Surely if you would be a surgeon (I'm not sure really) you would do the same with your patients.. until the 'honest' Fda don't aproves it, you would not encourages your patients to select it.
                        Last edited by flerc; 01-23-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Flerc - the thread is about what NSF does!

There is NO suggestion that NSF is involved in a conspiracy regarding fusion surgery. NSF is all about awareness and options. It is based on a humanitarian mission.

I was just suggesting that in order to be 'up-to-date' it should maybe mention VBT- it is up to patients to pursue their options. You have hijacked a thread to bang on about a conspiracy without an facts.

And chiropractors recommending SPINECOR is an IRRELEVANCE. Chiropractors would recommend Tomato Ketchup as a treatment if they though they could get away with it!. They are not rooted in medical science or evidence!

Comment

There's a clear fact against what you say about Nsf: they not only never fired Pooka1, they helped her very much to do her work here. Nobody say her nothing when she hijacked (first than me) this thread defaming Spinecor. Everything non surgical (not only something not emerging directly from western science as Chiropractics) will be allways her tarject here, they will always allows it.

Comment

There's a clear fact against what you say about Nsf: they not only never fired Pooka1,
                              I don't work for NSF. You are too confused to post on the forum. Please go away.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Hi,

Just to clarify for Flerc- as Linda R said- the forum - where we post, is part of NSF. NSF is the static umbrella site that has a link to the forum. The forum is a godsend for those of us who want to share info and experiences and pass on knowledge.

The NSF static site is something that I have only recently started to explore and my comments regarding fact-finding (donations and info on it) and my suggestions (regarding VBT) were concerned only with NSF static site, not the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X