Thread: epidural steroid injections

epidural steroid injections

has someone who has experienced pain due to scoliosis considered epidural steroid injections (ESI) ?

was it effective and did it prevent you from having surgery?

Hi Richardis,

I just posted on ESI today [under a thread started by Gigi50]. In short, they didn't help me any longer than a couple of hours but [as I wrote] I could have just been unlucky. Depending upon the underlying condition that is causing the pain, I know these injections can be helpful. But, like any pain killing compound, they don't fix the problem and can have some risks. Terry
    1973 Diagnosed with scoliosis [left thoracic curve 75* and right lumbar curve of 72*]
    Spinal fusion surgery with Harrington Rod instrumentation
    Left thoracic curve corrected to 55* and right lumbar curve corrected to 45*
    2013 Significant pain down right, upper leg
    2015 MRI of lumbar spine detects "multilevel degenerative disc disease with disc bulges and facet hypertrophy" AND
    the presence of a "possible nerve sheath tumor" at L2-L3

Hi Terry,

I hope you received my PM I sent you because I typed it twice and was having some computer issues.

Thank You,
    Melisse
    Melisse
    Diagnosed with Adolescent Scoliosis @ 12 y.o. Thoracolumbar curve was around 28*
    Wore Boston Brace 2 -3 yrs

Hi Melisse,

I did not get your message: I did not see any messages in my Forum "inbox". Let me know what I can do to contact you. Terry
    1973 Diagnosed with scoliosis [left thoracic curve 75* and right lumbar curve of 72*]
    Spinal fusion surgery with Harrington Rod instrumentation
    Left thoracic curve corrected to 55* and right lumbar curve corrected to 45*
    2013 Significant pain down right, upper leg
    2015 MRI of lumbar spine detects "multilevel degenerative disc disease with disc bulges and facet hypertrophy" AND
    the presence of a "possible nerve sheath tumor" at L2-L3