Hardware removal and thoracoplasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware removal and thoracoplasty

I had all my thoracic hardware removed 20 years ago due to infection. 3 years prior to that I had a right sided thoracoplasty
    Now I am fused to the sacrum. Terrible pain n the thoracoplasty. Does anyone know why this is a rare procedure as I've read on many posts? Also, do I go to a pulmonary doctor or back to an ortho who claims they don't do them and appears not to have much knowledge regarding them.

I see lots of Views on this post but no response. I know this surgery was rare. I actually had no clue it was being done back in 1994. No details given. I did have a few lung problems but recently I have had decreased shortness of breath.i had it in my early30's and now in my 50's. The biggest problems occurred after being fused to the sacrum.

Comment

Originally posted by dixiesmommie View Post
      I had all my thoracic hardware removed 20 years ago due to infection. 3 years prior to that I had a right sided thoracoplasty
      Now I am fused to the sacrum. Terrible pain n the thoracoplasty. Does anyone know why this is a rare procedure as I've read on many posts? Also, do I go to a pulmonary doctor or back to an ortho who claims they don't do them and appears not to have much knowledge regarding them.
      I see lots of views but no response to post. Just really want to let others know how painful this procedure can be if thinking about it. you will also get severe shortness of breath.

Comment

Working...
      X