Thread: This Woman With Scoliosis Posed Topless

This Woman With Scoliosis Posed Topless

Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

I'm more impressed that she posed backless! She is truly an inspiration to people with deformity.

She is beautiful!
    Melisse
    Diagnosed with Adolescent Scoliosis @ 12 y.o. Thoracolumbar curve was around 28*
    Wore Boston Brace 2 -3 yrs

Wow! Recently diagnosed with scoliosis?
    She is a amazing and I cannot imagine her pain.
    Susan
    Last edited by susancook; 12-11-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Adult Onset Degenerative Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Severe disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 in 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal surgery for Spinal Cord Injury at T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Revision Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone + prayer

Rebeca Dann’s testimonial.

http://www.disabilitytalk.co.uk/unfa...-rebecca-dann/

She is a strong and very special person....and she will find someone who is as beautiful and intelligent as she is....

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 58, the new 53...
    Pre surgery curves C12,T70,L70
    ALIF/PLIF T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

How fortunate she is to have a beautiful face in a "lookist" society. In this regard her self-exposure is advantaged, as brutal as her pain must be (I can't imagine).

I would not have thought to hear her deformity called "scoliosis". She is certainly remarkable to function as well as she does. I give her parents part of the credit. (I assume the scar on her back tells the tale of a previous failed or at least, inadequate, surgery.)

She reminds me how blessed I am to have been able to benefit from spinal surgery.
    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

I read her story afterwards.
    Wow!
    She's been through so much. How apt that she's receiving her award from the hands of Stephen Hawking.
    And still:
    " My condition cannot be fixed as it is too dangerous but University has helped me to accept myself for who I am and how I look and I wouldn’t change myself for anything”.
    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive