Nikki and Crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikki and Crystal

I thought I'd start a new thread to wish you all the best of luck! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. My sons surgery is Thursday, it is a busy and nerve wrecking time as well. Bless you all, and please keep us posted after surgery.

Sarah (Seattle WA)
    SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Nikki and Sarah,

Our thoughts and prayers are with both of your families this week. Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys.

Mary Lou

Comment

Sarah,
      I wish we were in the same hospital. It seems to odd to be so close, but yet so far. Crystal is being fused from T2-L2. I guess the surgery is a blessing now, as she has a new curve starting. It almost made me cry.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you guys on Thursday as well.

Mary Lou, thank for your words of encouragement over the last several months/weeks.

I'll let everyone know tomorrow evening how surgery went.

'til later,
      Nikki

Comment

news on Crystal??

Hi Nikki! We are still thinking and praying for you! It is only 5 on West Coast time but we will keep it up until we hear from you... Hoping all is well ~ Laura
        30y/o
        Upper curve around 55
        Lower curve around 35

Comment

Crystal is doing great. She is in her room and handling the pain well. She has her morphine pump and uses it when she needs too. They turned her onto her side and she said she was actually comfortable.

Craig went back to the motel early to get some rest. I may need his relief tonight.

Doctor got more than a 50% correction, he was hoping to possibly get 50%.

I sure appreciate all of your prayers. I know it made a difference.

I'll keep you posted. I need to get back to Crystal. I'll write more in the middle of the night when she is resting and I am wide awake because I have had to much coffee tonight.

'til later,
          Nikki

Comment

Hi Nikki
            So Glad The Surgery Went Well And Crystal Is Doing Well With The Pain. Thats Great News About Her Correction.
            Keep Us Posted
            Theresa
            THERESA

Comment

Thank you all for your postive thoughts!

Nikki, I know I wish we were sharing a room on Thursday I am so glad that Crystal is doing well. And you? Take care and please know that your in my prayers! Keep us posted! Hugs!
              SARAH ~Mother of 3~ 11 year old son had a Posterior Spinal Fusion on March 17, 2005. He had a 77*, right thoracic curve, and was fused T4-L1. His curve is now less than 10 degrees* He is doing great!

Comment

Great news for Crystal. I hope the recovery continues to go smooth and she's able to make those critical small steps forward. Hang in there mom! You are doing great.
                Carmell
                mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

To All:

I got to see Crystal's x-rays from Monday's pre-op and yesterdays post-op. Her back looks absolutely beautiful. It made me cry to see her correction. She was cast for her brace this morning. It will be ready on Friday, then it is out of bed and start to get moving. They won't let her walk until her brace is ready.

SaraH, I am with you tomorrow not matter what. You will cry, but that's okay. It just is part of being a mom. The one thing I can say is that for as scared as I was, the staff at Shriners has made this a pleasant experience, and if I had to I'd do it again. It was a long day, but after seeing the result, it was well worth it.

Hey, my mom-in-law is here, so need to go see her. I'll be back on in a little while.

'til later,
                  Nikki

Comment

Working...
                  X