Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could I have scar tissue pain up and down my 10" rods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could I have scar tissue pain up and down my 10" rods???

I have wicked wicked pain up and down what seems to be the rods. I've seen numerous doctors and no one seems to know what this pain is from. It just about brings me to tears every night.....and I can't do much at all during the day due to the pain. Feels like inflammation, but I have already done the steroid therapy and that did nothing.
    Does anyone know if scar tissue up and down and around the rods could be causing this much pain. So much that I am on oxi (a fairly low dose) and gabapentin for the pain.
    Thanks
    Carol

Could it be a sensitivity to the hardware?
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

scar adhesion issue

I have terrible terrible pain.........I've been thinking that it's scar tissue adhesions.........no doctor seems to have any information about this.

I've also wondered if I have a sensitivity (or allergy) to these rods (already had to have stainless steel rods removed due to nickle allergy) (now I have titanium).

No doctor wants to give 'allergy' or sensitivity a thought. They all say....no way.

Yet here I am in terrible pain.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Carol

Comment

Working...
      X