Activity Suit scoliosmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activity Suit scoliosmart

Has anyone tried this? It saw it on Facebook and looks pretty good. I'm curious it looks like you could exercise in it too so maybe a person wouldn't lose the muscle mass that bracing can rob. I'm 42 and would really like to try anything conservative while I still can.

I do have lower back pain stat started a couple years ago and I'm not at the point where I can't live with it but anything I could do to avoid it getting worse, please let me know what works.

My curve is 42 in the lumbar area, not sure if that's relevant to this activity suit.

Thank you
    Last edited by Kay1974; 10-06-2016, 01:07 PM.
    Melisse
    Diagnosed with Adolescent Scoliosis @ 12 y.o. Thoracolumbar curve was around 28*
    Wore Boston Brace 2 -3 yrs

Originally posted by Kay1974 View Post
    Has anyone tried this? It saw it on Facebook and looks pretty good. I'm curious it looks like you could exercise in it too so maybe a person wouldn't lose the muscle mass that bracing can rob. I'm 42 and would really like to try anything conservative while I still can.

I do have lower back pain stat started a couple years ago and I'm not at the point where I can't live with it but anything I could do to avoid it getting worse, please let me know what works.

My curve is 42 in the lumbar area, not sure if that's relevant to this activity suit.

Thank you
    Scolismart are chiros who push their treatment claiming research and evidence supports it. When you ask for the evidence they present their own and pretend that it is valid. If challenged they ban you from their Facebook group.

I would suggest that anyone who cannot answer question put to them politely and scientifically should be avoided.

My personal opinion is that they are just out to make money out of vulnerable people who are desperate for help.

The Setting Scoliosis Straight who exist partly to protect scoliosis patients do not support Scolismart methods.

Comment

Thank you
      Hi Kay. I agree with Burdle. This is a chiro outfit in more ways than one. :-) Chiro is not a science and chiros have no training in actual orthopedics. Chiro schools have been compared to trade schools.

There is no evidence this suit or anything dreamed up by chiros has helped anyone avoid surgery.

All their stuff is perennially experimental because they never show that anything works. Meanwhile, they are charging top dollar to experiment on you with these wacky ideas.

If stiff leotards helped people avoid surgery we would know that by now and it probably wouldn't have been discovered by a chiro.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I didn't think it would be this great thing either because I have tried many chirpractors in my day and even worked for one for a couple of years. My curve is not forgiving as I get older so am looking for any great conservative option out there for now anyway.
        Melisse
        Diagnosed with Adolescent Scoliosis @ 12 y.o. Thoracolumbar curve was around 28*
        Wore Boston Brace 2 -3 yrs

Comment

I think PT has been shown to be effective for pain. And maybe yoga also.

To my knowledge, despite all their claims, chiro has only been shown to help with some lower back pain and even there, it is no better than other treatments for lower back pain.

Scoliosis is serious business and there are sometimes times windows available to patients. The foundation of chiro is an imaginary concept... subluxations of the vertebra. No two chiros can point to the same spot on a radiograph as to where the subluxation is located. Yet they claim this is the cause of all the problems. Chiros should NOT be in the scoliosis game FULL STOP.

The only hope for chiro is if that can carve out an actual modality that works APART from medicine and that is better. Some honest chiros are trying to save the profession in that manner. They have all their work ahead of them and it's uphill until they jettison imaginary concepts.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Not even the inventor of the suit knows what is relevant to this suit because they don't research these things, long term. They just make stuff that pops into their head and sell them at top dollar letting people pay the chiros to experiment on them. It's breath-taking.

Your question reminds me of the parents who were wondering if their kid can spend an hour or two not wearing SpineCor because the protocol is X hours a day. Well that X hours a day was not found out as a result of exhaustive research. It was what the inventor (an orthopedic surgeon) thought would be a good protocol to standardize on so he could collect data.

These things are not magic and they are not known.
            Last edited by Pooka1; 11-25-2016, 08:55 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
            X