X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoracoplasty - beware

http://www.pediatric-orthopedics.com...r_winging.html

please open the link above.

Can someone explain me this "Whoops. Is that the CLAVICLE pressing on the ribs . . . unable to span the differential of the ribs rotation? . . . pulling the scapula around the front and acting as a fulcrum?"

This is physics. Can anyone out there explain me this one in simple terms?

the doctor that did my surgery also does thoracoplasty during spinal fusion surgery
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Comment

I checked this out. On my 3d rib scan my problem looked a lot like this. However the scan is taken while laying on the back. I can't comment on the why but I can comment on the before and after the surgeries I had to fix the problem. Before removing part of my scapula my clavicle was extremely displaced. After the removal it settled more into place. Then the muscle failed and the scapula did try to pull up and wing. The clavicle was again out of place. Now the muscle holding the scapula in place has helped put the clavicle in place.
      To me it would be impossible to figure out which is the action and which is the reaction.
      I think the action to trying to fix the shoulder and scapula problem that I had was not a common approach. It was done at a major university hospital in my area and all of the care team have told me it isn't a common procedure. That being said -----I Think It Is A Success. I will find out on Wednesday what the surgeon thinks.
      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
      Right scapulectomy 6/15
      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
      Broken neck 9/28/2018
      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1