X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi spin operations and problems

Hi, my name is Robert and I have had 7 back surgeries over the many years
    and the last one was 10 months ago. The operation was termed a "Salvage
    Job" and rods and 14 screws were installed.
    I asumed that I would be only out for about 5 months as that was the time out for my last operation where they installed brackets and 6 screws.
    It has been 10 months and I am in more pain than before the surgery.
    I find myself bent over forward and have to use a cane to push myself up
    when I walk. The pain is worse when I lay down as the ribs hurt as well as pain on each side of thorasic
    area. In the past 3 months, I make so much noise when I move. The cracking sound and squeeking sounds are driving me crazy. All I have been told so far is that I have "Flat Back Syndrome".
    The only place I can find info for this condition is from The National Scoloiosis
    Foundation, so that is why I am here.
    Today I am having a catscan to make sure all the fusions are OK before we talk
    about any removal.
    Is this a normal situation for someone who has had so many surgeries?
    Has anyone else had this simolar type condition?
    Sure would like to hear from you if you have been there before or are going through it.
    Regards,
    Robert
    Robert

Hi Robert...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had so many surgeries and are in worse shape than ever. I'd like to encourage you to get a second opinion from another spine center before agreeing to an 8th surgery. Have all your surgeries been performed at the same place?

I've got links to flatback information on my website at:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/FlatbackontheInternet.htm
    and
    http://www.scoliosislinks.com/Flatback.htm

Good luck. I hope you find a resolution to your pain.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X