14 months after surgery and need revision 😒

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marianne View Post
    Susan I hope you are feeling better now that your staples are out!
    Had my 6 week follow up appointment with Dr. Wilson last week and all is well.
    No XRays until my 3 month visit. And no physio or any kind of exercise yet till he has a look at the XRays.
    Just walking and resting. We still have lots of snow here so kind of hard to walk outside. No sign of spring yet.
    Snow and freezing rain for the next few days which will only make the snow heavier.
    The drive to Toronto was not much fun even with all the pillows I had brought. Six hours of driving and about 20 minutes of doctors time lol.
    But it had to be done.
    Looking forward to some sunshine ☀️ and flowers coming up ������
    Marianne, I am so-o-o-o-o-o much better without staples. Yikes, they hurt! Apparently that is the closure of choice for the Spine Fellow. Never again! The surgery was really a piece of cake compared to the other major spine surgeries and revisions that I have done. The surgery went well, but I can't say much good about the hospital. I hope that you continue to heal and that Spring is just around the corner.

I am having cervical degeneration problems and will have an ablation/Rhizotomy done soon. Just when I thought that I was done....hopefully do not require actual surgery.

Sending you sunshine and blooming flowers,
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Susan, I am so glad you are feeling much better. Yes those staples can be nasty, oh well they are gone now for both of us.
      But I am sorry you are battling with cervical problems now and hopefully you can get this fixed without having to have more surgery.
      Sending you hugs and will keep in my thoughts.
      Marianne
      rotoscoliosis, subluxation and spinal stenosis
      Surgery April 15, 2015 at age 67
      T11-L5
      Decompression with multiple discectomies
      Concord cages @ L2-3, L3-4, L4-5
      Osteotomies and local bone grafting
      Revision Feb.22, 2018
      Replaced rods
      Took out L5 disk to free up nerves
      Used BPM to help with fusing
      Fused T10-S1 with screws in pelvis

Comment

Thanks Marianne, I had a cervical radio-frequency ablation done on Monday in hopes that I can get some pain relief. Hope that Spring is starting to bloom in your neck of the woods.
        Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Three month check up

I had my 3 month check up with Dr. Wilson.
          I had X-rays done and will try to add them in my signature.
          He said everything looks good, he went up one level and down one more level so I am now fused from T11 to S1.
          One thing I would like some feed back on.
          He said I can bend as much as I can stand. I have done some while cooking or making my bed etc. But those days I have major pain at night then and can’t get to sleep.
          Do you think it is too early to be doing this? (I will be 71 next month.)
          He also said I can do physio therapy now to strengthen my left leg and hip.
          Most of you don’t have permission until 6 or nine months after surgery.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Marianne; 05-22-2018, 08:19 PM.
          Marianne
          T11-L5
          Revision Feb.22, 2018
          Replaced rods
          Took out L5 disk to free up nerves
          Used BPM to help with fusing
          Fused T10-S1 with screws in pelvis

Comment

Originally posted by Marianne View Post
            I had my 3 month check up with Dr. Wilson.
            I did Had X-rays done and will try to add them in my signature.
            He said everything looks good, he went up one level and down one more level so I am now fused from T11 to S1.
            One thing I would like some feed back on.
            He said I can bend as much as I can stand. I have done some while cooking or making my bed etc. But those days I have major pain at night then and can’t get to sleep.
            Do you think it is too early to be doing this? (I will be 71 next month.)
            He also said I can do physio therapy now to strengthen my left leg and hip.
            Most of you don’t have permission until 6 or nine months after surgery.
            Hi...

Cooking or making your bed shouldn't have any negative affect on your fusion. Changing your sheets, however, is another story.

Times have changed, and I think a lot of surgeons lift most or all restrictions at 3 months. But, if something hurts, you should back off a little.

--Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you Linda.
              Marianne
              T11-L5
              Revision Feb.22, 2018