Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14 months after surgery and need revision 😒

Revisions are a walk in the park compared to the original one. I have had 4 revisions. So sorry that this happened. Send healing thoughts, Susan
    Adult Onset Degenerative Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Severe disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 in 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal surgery for Spinal Cord Injury at T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Revision Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone + prayer

Back from seeing the Surgeon in Toronto, I had a catscan there and was fitted for a Jewitt Brace. I have to leave it on except for sleeping.
    And come back to see him in a month.
    It is not very comfortable and hard to get up and down with it on. But at least it is not a solid brace so should not be as hot as the one Susan had to wear.
    Doc said when this is healed I will be scheduled for my revision surgery. Can't wait to get this over with and get on with my life, I will be 70 tomorrow! Oh how time flies.
    Wishing you all a wonderful summer.
    Marianne
    rotoscoliosis, subluxation and spinal stenosis
    Surgery April 15, 2015 at age 67
    T11-L5
    Decompression with multiple discectomies
    Concord cages @ L2-3, L3-4, L4-5
    Osteotomies and local bone grafting

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Back from seeing the Surgeon in Toronto, I had a catscan there and was fitted for a Jewitt Brace. I have to leave it on except for sleeping.
    And come back to see him in a month.
    It is not very comfortable and hard to get up and down with it on. But at least it is not a solid brace so should not be as hot as the one Susan had to wear.
    Doc said when this is healed I will be scheduled for my revision surgery. Can't wait to get this over with and get on with my life, I will be 70 tomorrow! Oh how time flies.
    Wishing you all a wonderful summer.
    Happy 70th Birthday! You caught up with me!
    The good side of a brace is that it greatly decreases the fear that if you were in a car wreck or someone bumped into you at the supermarket, that it would hurt.
    "It is what it is".
    Hoping for a cool summer!
    Sending you healing thoughts,
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degenerative Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Severe disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 in 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal surgery for Spinal Cord Injury at T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Revision Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone + prayer