I've heard from Susannajon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. to Jennifer...

Did you get that memory foam mattress yet, and did it help Nicole be more comfortable? My daughter is loving hers and it has helped so much.

Susanna
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

hi susanna
      wow, she is brave to let you do that to her incision!
      I agree with the "bonding" My daughter was really against having the surgery, but we knew that she really needed it and we had to make the decision for her, so we had a lot of problems getting along with her in the months leading up to the surgery. She was very angry with us. That all changed after her surgery and it was a really great "bonding" experience i had with her. We are so much closer now and she is a much happier person now.
      Jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

My husband said your daughter looked just beautiful, and that you would never know she has scoliosis. I wish I could have seen her!

My daughter is pretty trusting with me and medical stuff. I've always been "Dr. Mom". When she had stitches when she was little, she wouldn't let the doctor touch her, but I snipped out those stitches without a problem.

She knows I will listen and stop if it hurts!

Susanna
        Susanna
        ~~~~~~
        Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
        X