No announcement yet.

Fantastic reductions in brace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I interpret Wolff's law is saying about the tissues ability to be adapted to circumstances. It seems it was known by ancient cultures in Japan. Martial arts as Karate or Kempo use to hit the knuckles in order to turn them harder, since many thousands of years ago.
    I understand that tissues "intelligence" leads them to survive, regardless what happens with body. Vertebras and discs in a curve try to turns more curve and then the curve increases. Is what I'm understanding about this law and then the importance (not only because this) about reduction in brace, but if I'm wrong I'll appreciate it really very much if someone here wants to let me know about something wrong in my interpretation!.
    Thanks in advance, this issue is too much important for me!

Comment

They should leave patients out of braces for at least a few days, maybe even a week before X-rays.
      From the point of a study, to take the data in the right context I'd want the stats after a one month follow up as well.
      If they cant give these details, then were not getting all the information in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcphee View Post
        They should leave patients out of braces for at least a few days, maybe even a week before X-rays.
        From the point of a study, to take the data in the right context I'd want the stats after a one month follow up as well.
        If they cant give these details, then were not getting all the information in the first place.
        Good point about being out of brace longer.

These guys are chiros.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by sjmcphee View Post
          I interpret you are not talking about my interpretation about Wolff's law in favour of reduction in brace vs no reduction in brace.
          Sure promoting some bracing treatment showing reduction in brace as permanent reductions would be something dishonest if the corresponding arguments are not shown.
          If we would be talking about permanent and possitive reduction, I think there is only one case in which could have some sense to analyze if a rigid brace used with no reduction in brace may be better than using it with reduction in brace: In the spurt of growth. As the lenght of the spine is significative larger, the curve may be smallest when the brace is immediately removed, but sure it should to be more reduced if it would have reduction in brace. Thinking in Wollf's and VH laws, we should to think that the reduction in the second case should to be more permanent than in the first case, but probably there are other factors to be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
            I think there is only one case in which could have some sense to analyze if a rigid brace used with no reduction in brace may be better than using it with reduction in brace: In the spurt of growth. As the length of the spine is significative larger, the curve may be smallest when the brace is immediately removed, but sure it should to be more reduced if it would have reduction in brace. Thinking in Wollf's and VH laws, we should to think that the reduction in the second case should to be more permanent than in the first case, but probably there are other factors to be considered.
            And sure more risks! I personally know a mother since years ago, she told me about the flexibility of the spine of her tall daughter who used brace in the spurt of growth and she saw because the x-rays that reduction in brace was not really significant as he expected and finally after few months she decided the remotion of the brace but unfortunately the curve, exceeded the surgical range and then she decided surgery for her daughter. She has not any doubt that brace did it.
            Also in adults I don't see any advantage in bracing without reduction in brace. The only one exception may be Spinecor for adults. I think that probably ligaments don't are too much stretched, something I heard may be a reason for pain and probably muscles are activated anyway.. who knows..

Comment

And sure more risks! I personally know a mother since years ago, she told me about the flexibility of the spine of her tall daughter who used brace in the spurt of growth and she saw because the x-rays that reduction in brace was not really significant as he expected and finally after few months she decided the remotion of the brace but unfortunately the curve, exceeded the surgical range and then she decided surgery for her daughter. She has not any doubt that brace did it.
              Also in adults I don't see any advantage in bracing without reduction in brace. The only one exception may be Spinecor for adults. I think that probably ligaments don't are too much stretched, something I heard may be a reason for pain and probably muscles are activated anyway.. who knows..
              Certainly Spinecor for adults may be the only one case where no reduction in brace may have not serious risks and also benefits. I know a woman in Facbook saying she is using it since some years without reduction in brace and she had pain relief but it didn't stop progression. I only know two real cases (also their x-rays) using Spinecor for adults with significant reduction in brace, in both cases not only pain relief was achieved but also progression was stopped. But as I know, there are a lot of Spinecor providers not giving much importance to reduction in brace.. I think that everything about scoliosis is very strange..

Comment

But as I know, there are a lot of Spinecor providers not giving much importance to reduction in brace.
                I believe that only Clear providers. Curiously Spinecor seems to be much expensive since Clear began to sell it!

Comment

Working...
                X