Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic reductions in brace!

http://www.scoliosisacademy.com/3d-b...FRMGkQodkFUBUQ
    Finally someone saying (although not everything) why is too much important reduction in brace and also referring to growth as a force.

i agree. but im my case when i was diagnosed mine was 43 degrees in brace was 41 degrees. to my knowledge
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Comment

They are ignorants irresponsibles! They should not allow to use brace without a significant reduction in.

Comment

These are chiros. They are the same guys who didn't seem to understand that the one case of hysterical scoliosis that they had was not like all the AIS cases.
        Last edited by Pooka1; 01-21-2016, 06:36 AM.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Facts are facts regardless who may be saying those facts .. also they are quoting what wise researchers said. Reductions in brace over 40% is a fact, it's not usual to see in Internet probably because it seems that nobody realize how important, certainly necessary it is. Or they know but they don't want to reduce the number of clients paying for a brace, so with or without reduction in brace, they sell it anyway!.
          Last edited by flerc; 01-21-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

And of course is important in adults too. Probably even more important, gravity force is the only one permanent force after growth and Wolff's law tends to curving even more what is curve, the hard combination leading to the scoliosis vicious cycle, broken with reduction in brace.
            I don't know why nobody is selling rigid braces allowing movement. We are in the XXI century my God!

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
              I don't know why nobody is selling rigid braces allowing movement. We are in the XXI century my God!
              Of course Boston providers are getting money, Cheneau providers are getting good money too.. scolibrace providers too.. Why braces providers may want to do something impossible to do in past centuries? What a stupid question I did!.

Comment

Facts are facts regardless who may be saying those facts ..
                Chiros and facts are largely unacquainted with each other. The entire field was founded on a lie... subluxations. Chiro has only been shown to be effective for lower back pain (and NOTHING else) but is not more effective than other treatments. It is not better than other treatments. So it is probably the massage aspect or something within science that appears to make chiro work, not woo-woo outside of science.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                  Chiros and facts are largely unacquainted with each other. The entire field was founded on a lie... subluxations. Chiro has only been shown to be effective for lower back pain (and NOTHING else) but is not more effective than other treatments. It is not better than other treatments. So it is probably the massage aspect or something within science that appears to make chiro work, not woo-woo outside of science.
                  What I was wanting to say is that if even the worst criminals around the world would be saying that climate is changing, it would be anyway a fact. Clear are repeating known facts discovered by well known researchers before. Facts are facts regardless who are quoting those facts.
                  About Clear, I thinks that surely many Chiropractors don't agree with them and about Chiropractics I know is an ancient practice, what may think some Chiropractors in this age, don't turns it less useful.

Comment

Clear are repeating known facts discovered by well known researchers before.
                    They have no training to understand these issues and it shows.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

http://money.usnews.com/money/career...ropractor-2009

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Why it is scary when people take their kids to chiros...

http://edzardernst.com/2013/10/twent...wont-tell-you/

3. Our education is vastly inferior to that of medical doctors.

I rarely encountered sick patients in my school clinic. Most of my “patients” were friends, students, and an occasional person who presented to the student clinic for inexpensive chiropractic care. Most had nothing really wrong with them. In order to graduate, chiropractic college students are required to treat a minimum number of people. To reach their number, some resort to paying people (including prostitutes) to visit them at the college’s clinic.2

Students also encounter a very narrow range of conditions, most related to aches and pains. Real medical education involves contact with thousands of patients with a wide variety of problems, including many severe enough to require hospitalization. Most chiropractic students see patients during two clinical years in chiropractic college. Medical students also average two clinical years, but they see many more patients and nearly all medical doctors have an additional three to five years of specialty training before they enter practice.

Chiropractic’s minimum educational standards are quite low. In 2007, chiropractic students were required to evaluate and manage only 15 patients in order to graduate. Chiropractic’s accreditation agency ordered this number to increase to 35 by the fall of 2011. However, only 10 of the 35 must be live patients (eight of whom are not students or their family members)! For the remaining cases, students are permitted to “assist, observe, or participate in live, paper-based, computer-based, distance learning, or other reasonable alternative.”3 In contrast, medical students see thousands of patients.

Former National Council Against Health Fraud President William T. Jarvis, Ph.D., has noted that chiropractic school prepares its students to practice “conversational medicine”—where they glibly use medical words but lack the knowledge or experience to deal appropriately with the vast majority of health problems.4 Dr. Stephen Barrett reported a fascinating example of this which occurred when he visited a chiropractor for research purposes. When Barrett mentioned that he was recovering from an attack of vertigo (dizziness), the chiropractor quickly rattled off a textbook-like list of all the possible causes. But instead of obtaining a proper history and conducting tests to pinpoint a diagnosis, he x-rayed Dr. Barrett’s neck and recommended a one-year course of manipulations to make his neck more curved. The medical diagnosis, which had been appropriately made elsewhere, was a viral infection that cleared up spontaneously in about ten days.5

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Cringe-worthy stats... http://www.chirobase.org/05RB/AHCPR/03.html

In an inventory of preadmission requirements comparing schools of medicine, dentistry, osteopathy, podiatry, chiropractic, and optometry (Doxey, 1997), chiropractic students scored the lowest of all professions evaluated on four outcome measures (minimum number of semester hours, completion of 4-year bachelor's degree, minimum GPA required on entrance, and average GPA of previous year's entering class). The study examined printed resources collected during 1995 from 17 medical schools, 16 chiropractic schools, 15 dental schools, 16 optometry schools, 16 osteopathic schools, and 7 podiatric schools. All of the included colleges were located in the United States and represented a broad geographic distribution. Table 4 compares the various professions in terms of entrance requirements. The authors were careful to note that although the data reflect differences among health care professions on a limited number of entrance criteria, they do not explain the causes of the differences nor do they offer any insight as to how these measures correlate with successful practice or patient care.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

about Chiropractics I know is an ancient practice,
                            No.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...erview-part-i/

History

Chiropractic was founded in 1895 by Daniel David Palmer, a grocer with an intense interest in metaphysics. Prior to his “discovery” of chiropractic, D.D. Palmer was a magnetic healer. He also had interests in phrenology (diagnosing disease based on the bumps of the skull) and spiritualism. Palmer reported to have discovered the principle of chiropractic when he allegedly cured a janitor of his deafness by manipulating his neck. The fact that the nerve which conveys sound information from the ears to the brain does not pass through the neck did not seem to bother Palmer, if he was even aware of this fact.

Palmer created the term “chiropractic,” which literally means “done by hand,” to refer to his new therapy. He argued that all disease is caused by subluxated bones, which 95% of the time are spinal bones, and which disrupt the flow of innate intelligence. He did not subject his ideas to any form of research, but rather went directly to treating patients and to teaching his principles to the first generation of chiropractors.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

They don't know about civilization from Tibet and South America. I think Chiropractic as Acupuncture may only be used in the right way by experts.
                              But anyway we talked about this in another thread, this is about Reduction in Brace! HAs nothing to do with Clear or Chiropractic. I posted that link because is the first time I see much of what I think since these years, although they are not saying everything.
                              It's something very much important I think. I think that every health professionals ( orthopedics, surgeons, chiropractors..) should to be banned if they allows a brace without enough reduction in brace.

Comment

Working...
                              X