Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great surgeons and people who help us.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great surgeons and people who help us.....

I would like to ask that for all those of us with faith to say a prayer for the continued success and God's love toward a certain surgeon (and your own). He is truly a great man and has not only been my medical advisor but a friend as well - Dr. Purnendo Gupta. There is no emergency or issue, it's just that after today's consult it has occurred to me that there are great men and women in this field of orthopedic spine surgery that are under appreciated. Some just want to operate and get it over with, then they are done. Others are truly interested in our past, present and future success as people, not just patients. He is one of the later.

I'm sure many of you have the same type of surgeon - they need our prayers, support and thanks for their God-given skills, expensive educations, and dedication.

Thanks so much for reading and praying, and I hope all of us walking this path have the same moments of clarity and appreciation of their doctors as I did today.

Love to all and stay strong - this life is but a moment. Some of us fare better than others now, but eternity with perfect bodies await those who have faith in God.

Much love!
    Susan
    Susan
    XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Thank you Susan. Great words!

Comment

Originally posted by Chihuahua Mama View Post
      I would like to ask that for all those of us with faith to say a prayer for the continued success and God's love toward a certain surgeon (and your own). He is truly a great man and has not only been my medical advisor but a friend as well - Dr. Purnendo Gupta. There is no emergency or issue, it's just that after today's consult it has occurred to me that there are great men and women in this field of orthopedic spine surgery that are under appreciated. Some just want to operate and get it over with, then they are done. Others are truly interested in our past, present and future success as people, not just patients. He is one of the later.

That post so reminds me of Dr. Betz who has been my son's doctor since 2004. He and his PA, Janet Cerrone, are almost like family. They have known David since he was in kindergarten, and they have watch him grow up before their eyes. They both take an interest in David's life - not just his health but every time we see them they ask about his academics (now that he is applying to college), how his driving lessons are going, they talk about his big passion, baseball. In fact, since my son is a left-handed pitcher (now playing on his high school's Varsity team), Janet has fondly nicknamed him "Lefty".
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
      X