Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! Lost my sagittal balance.....did anyone find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Susan,

Glad you got your date! Is Dr Hart removing/replacing cages that are there from your original surgery?
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
      Scary......
      Susan
      It’s a good date, I can vouch for that...(smiley face)

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by leahdragonfly View Post
        Hi Susan,

Glad you got your date! Is Dr Hart removing/replacing cages that are there from your original surgery?
        Yes, I believe that I have 2 cages from my first surgery.
        Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
          Yes, I believe that I have 2 cages from my first surgery.
          Susan
          You probably have cages or spacers at every ALIF and XLIF level.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Good luck to you Susan as your surgery date approaches. Keep us posted.
            T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
            C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
            T2--T10 fusion 2/11
            C 4-5 fusion 11/14
            Right scapulectomy 6/15
            Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
            To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
            Broken neck 9/28/2018
            Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
            Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
            Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
            Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
            Osteotomy

Comment

Thanks, Jackie. I just want to get past this next surgery and finish healing.
              Susan
              Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection

Comment

Good luck and i hope that all goes well
                Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Hi Susan! Thinking of you as your surgery date approaches. May you be blessed with a successful surgery and an awesome recovery!
                  Peg
                  61 yrs old
                  75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
                  T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
                  Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

Thanks Melissa and Peggy. I hope that I can walk up the 5-6 steps to get into my house after surgery. My spinal cord injury seems to make any rehab a slight setback. Dr. Hart felt confident that this was a fairly minor surgery compared to my previous surgeries and that I could go home afterwards and resume outpatient PT.

I just want to get it done and get on with my life! ....like everyone else here on the forum, I suppose.

Susan

Comment

2 days and a wake up until my surgery. I met with the general surgeon who is responsible for moving vital organs and vessels so that the ortho spine surgeon can see what he/she needs to do and does not damage anything in the process. It was obvious that the general surgeon had not read my chart. I frequently think, "it's all about me", but the reality is that between 0530 and probably 1500 on my surgical day Friday , it will be and that's when I need him to be on my team. I was concerned about having previous scar tissue and not wanting to repeat a ventral hernia repair. My take away message from the general surgeon was that when he is "in the moment", that is doing my surgery, that he is slow and methodical and that with people with prev surgery, read scar tissue here, he wades in carefully. His grey hair was interpreted by me as "experience" and I went away satisfied that he would take good care of me.

I asked the general surgeon what he plans to do and he replied, "I do whatever Dr. Hart asks me to do". Did these guys talk???? Do they meet and plan the surgery or just show up and wing it? Hmmmmm..........

I am hoping that I can walk up the 6 steps to get into my house after surgery so that I do not need to go to a SNF after my brief hospital stay. Also hope that the burning neuro pain in my R leg goes away, but that is probably a pipe dream. This is my "final surgery" to brace up my back, so when Dr. Hart is done, like my brother says, " you've got what you've got". I will do PT and learn to live with whatever I have. To new people to the forum who are looking at all of the spinal surgery and problems that I have had, especially the spinal cord injury, I am glad that I had the original surgery in 2013. If not, I would be in a wheelchair now with progressive spine degeneration with aging and since I am 69 years old now, am gradually getting to the age when nobody would want to do my surgery.

Susan
                      Last edited by susancook; 01-27-2016, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Susan,
                        I will be thinking of you and hoping for a successful surgery and smooth recovery. You certainly are overdue for things to go smoothly. You are strong and have a good attitude in spite of all you've been through. Best of luck!
                        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                        Rib Hump-GONE!
                        Age-60 at the time of surgery
                        Now 66
                        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Hope all goes well. I will be thinking of you.
                          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                          Right scapulectomy 6/15
                          Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                          To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                          Broken neck 9/28/2018
                          Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                          Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                          Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                          Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                          Osteotomy

Comment

Susan, I will be thinking of you on Friday and wishing you must deserved succes.
                            Marianne
                            rotoscoliosis, subluxation and spinal stenosis
                            Surgery April 15, 2015 at age 67
                            T11-L5
                            Decompression with multiple discectomies
                            Concord cages @ L2-3, L3-4, L4-5
                            Osteotomies and local bone grafting
                            Revision Feb.22, 2018
                            Replaced rods
                            Took out L5 disk to free up nerves
                            Used BPM to help with fusing
                            Fused T10-S1 with screws in pelvis

Comment

Susan

I just remembered since we have the same surgery date. Will be thinking of you tomorrow....

Ed
                              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Hi, I have been wondering about Susan. Has anyone heard how this last surgery went. I guess Susan, if you see this, post and let us know how you are when you are up to it. Looking forward to hearing how you're doing dear , brave lady!!! Sincerely, Linda
                                Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                                Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                                This started adult onset scoliosis
                                July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                                Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                                Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                                May 30th 2013 revision
                                May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                                May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X