Cup size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup size

Now that I have your attention, lol.....have any ladies out there experienced a change in bra cup size after surgery? Things just fit differently now. I didn't lose or gain weight, so it can't be that. The first bra I put on after surgery (3 months later) was a hysterical laugh festival! It was like having a major reduction and I wasnt that big to begin with! ( tmi?) I know we all experience body changes after surgery, but I was not prepared for this one! I would have preferred a tummy tuck!
    T4-Sacrum fusion, with pelvic fixation in January 2015, Dr. Lonner in NYC
    10 osteotomies, rotation from 25 to 2
    Diagnosed at age 11 with double curve, 36 and 45 degrees, Braced for 2.5 years
    At time of surgery, curves were 45 and 65 degrees
    Chronic back pain, worsening, since age 11
    Tried every pain management procedure, acupuncture, chiropractor, physical therapy ever created
    Mom of 2 cuties!

Originally posted by ksmom0611 View Post
    Now that I have your attention, lol.....have any ladies out there experienced a change in bra cup size after surgery? Things just fit differently now. I didn't lose or gain weight, so it can't be that. The first bra I put on after surgery (3 months later) was a hysterical laugh festival! It was like having a major reduction and I wasnt that big to begin with! ( tmi?) I know we all experience body changes after surgery, but I was not prepared for this one! I would have preferred a tummy tuck!
    Hi Ksmom, I'm one that lost my boobs!!!!! I went from a solid C cup to a B cup and that depends on the
    brand of the bra sometimes a B cup is too big. I can't figure out why though??? I have lost around ten pounds, but I lost 6 inches in height!!! Anyway, that's my story about my bra size. Warmly ,Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

It's really unusual to not lose at least a little bit of weight. And, it's super common when one does lose weight, that they lose it in the breasts. So, if you didn't actually lose weight, I'm wondering if you actually lost weight and put it back on quickly. You could have lost weight in your breasts and put it on somewhere else. Also, if you had a lot of rotation and a big rib hump, surgery can definitely change your chest area, with your ribs de-rotating down and toward the back. I can't see how that would change cup size (at least in both breasts), but you never know.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I only lost 5 lbs but also experienced this. What I REALLY noticed is that even though I am 2" taller and I have lost 2" from my hips, my abdomen is noticeably more protrubant. I had an ALIF and I wonder about my abdominal muscle tone and if it will ever be the same. I started physical therapy last week, and it feels great to be exercising again. I'm surprised they have ways to work your abdominals without bending but somehow, I don't think it's going to make a difference in my shape. I'm not really complaining because overall, my shape looks a lot more 'normal' than it used to, but I'd love to have a flat stomach again.

You can always try these:

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Oops-Chic.../dp/B001N444NQ
        Before 39* lumbar at age 18, progressed to 74* lumbar and 22* thoracic age 55
        ALIF Jan 13, 2015, PLIF Jan 15, 2015 with Dr William Stevens, Honor Health
        Fused T-7 to S-1 with pelvic fixation

After 38* lumbar

Xrays
        Before: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...7&d=1414268930

After: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...6&d=1424894360

Comment

I have the same problem with the abdomen. And I only had posterior fusion. I think it is from the created curve to match the high degree of kyphosis. It is frustrating for sure as I can't really do anything about it.
          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
          Right scapulectomy 6/15
          Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
          To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
          Broken neck 9/28/2018
          Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
          Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
          Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
          Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
          Osteotomy

Comment

Originally posted by Lizardacres View Post
            I only lost 5 lbs but also experienced this. What I REALLY noticed is that even though I am 2" taller and I have lost 2" from my hips, my abdomen is noticeably more protrubant. I had an ALIF and I wonder about my abdominal muscle tone and if it will ever be the same. I started physical therapy last week, and it feels great to be exercising again. I'm surprised they have ways to work your abdominals without bending but somehow, I don't think it's going to make a difference in my shape. I'm not really complaining because overall, my shape looks a lot more 'normal' than it used to, but I'd love to have a flat stomach again.

You can always try these:

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Oops-Chic.../dp/B001N444NQ
            Hi Lizardacres,

Your abs will get better. I also had a protruding belly after the surgery, but now, two years out, I am proud of my abs. You can really see abdominal muscles on my body, but I work out four times a week and walk very fast 30 min a day every day in addition to that. You are still very early in your recovery, but after a year, when it would be safe to do more exercise, your abs will improve.
            I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
            45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
            A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

I have the belly thing too! I thought I was putting on weight! And it's a weird abdominal change, at least for me. It's right in the middle, not the sides at all. It's what every woman wants...smaller boobs and a bigger belly! But on the bright side, the improved posture does make it seem like things are "perkier", and the increased abdominal length gives a more defined waist. I didn't even think about these possible changes before the surgery. I was too concerned with the spine, living/dying, paralysis, etc. Glad that those issues are resolved and now can deal with the "easier" ones.
              Tried every pain management procedure, acupuncture, chiropractor, physical therapy ever created
              Mom of 2 cuties!

Comment

If you needed exaggerated lumbar lordosis to balance your spine, you may have a permanent belly. It's the price that some have to pay. The alternative would usually be a fusion that goes higher up.

--Linda
                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I didn't think it would ever happen, but I eventually got the flat stomach back that I had before surgery. I wasn't allowed to do crunches, but did exercises while laying on my back with weights that helped. I can't remember when, but at some point I was allowed to do planks which helped with the abdomen muscles. I was bloated for a long time after surgery and thought it would never get back to normal.
                  Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                  Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                  70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                  Rib Hump-GONE!
                  Age-60 at the time of surgery
                  Now 66
                  Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                  Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                  Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                  Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                  tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                  http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

So I just figured out I have a huge diastasis recti, or separation of the abdominal muscles as some people call it. They don't really separate, but the connective tissue gets so weak that if you lie on you back and lift your head, you can palpate the space between the muscles just under your umbilicus. I can fit four fingers easily into this space. It's not a hernia, but it does give you a big belly bulge. I suspect I had it before surgery as it is nowhere near my incision, but am guessing that post op constipation and lying around for six months made it a lot worse.

It looks like core strengthening exercises are the best treatment so I will discuss with my PT later today, but already, she has me doing a number of core strengthening exercises, so probably not much else she can offer. I think that in time as I get back into shape, things will go back the way they were.
                    Before 39* lumbar at age 18, progressed to 74* lumbar and 22* thoracic age 55
                    ALIF Jan 13, 2015, PLIF Jan 15, 2015 with Dr William Stevens, Honor Health
                    Fused T-7 to S-1 with pelvic fixation

After 38* lumbar

Xrays
                    Before: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...7&d=1414268930

After: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...6&d=1424894360

Comment

I hope the PT helps! I always find it a double edged sword to be told yes, you really have something diagnosable. It's validating, but yet something else to deal with.
                      Mom of 2 cuties!

Comment

Working...
                      X