Five week check up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

So all went well at The Who I got right down to the stage for some great pics. Wore brace and dosed up. Then began tapering tramadol. Holy living hell. I almost understand drug addiction. Spread the word, DON'T EVER TAKE TRAMADOL. Finally resurfacing. Now living on Tylenol every four hours because with no painkiller comes pain. A lot. If not for heating pads I'd be lost. Pool heating up soon I'll be heading in for a little early p.t. Besides a hot tub any other recommendation for pain relief besides what I've already mentioned from you intelligent experienced people?

Thanks.
    Cathy
    2 sons, one Syracuse University graduate (working for the Mets now), one college sophomore, one great husband and two fabulous cats
    54 years old March 5
    AIS 45 degrees Thoracic at 14, Milwaukee brace for one year in 1977 then in 2012 I found Dr. Baron Lonner ❤️
    Surgery April 8 2015
    Presurgical curves T77 L66
    Post surgical T27 L22
    Fused T3-S1 pelvic fixation, osteotomies and all the other stuff but you know what? It's done...

Comment

It's funny how meds affect people differently. Tramadol doesn't affect me at all. It barely does anything any different than tylenol. I suppose it depends on how much you took??? Glad you enjoyed The Who.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Cathy, I had a terrible time coming off of tramadol. It was worse than the narcotics. I won't make it again. I find heating pads work. Also a lot of walking.
        T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
        C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
        T2--T10 fusion 2/11
        C 4-5 fusion 11/14
        Right scapulectomy 6/15
        Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
        To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
        Broken neck 9/28/2018
        Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
        Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
        Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
        Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1