Scoliosis and exercising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis and exercising

I'm Rebekah I have a question...I was told I have mild scoliosis when I was about 15/16. I haven't felt muuch change since then, but I haven't had it checked since I was 17...I'm 21 now and starting to get into a workout routine and it's got me really stressed about my spine. Can anyone tell me if there are exercises I should be avoiding? Any that will help? I'm so scared to do damage. I don't even know if it will change now that I'm 21. Please let me know anything you can, and feel free to share your experiences! Thank you so much

If something hurts (beyond the usual unused muscle stiffness), don't do it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you! I'll remember that

Comment

Hi Bekah:
        LindaRacine is quite correct. If it hurts beyond the expected Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS in gym vernacular), don`t do it.
        Your spine is likely far less delicate than you imagine, but your body will communicate with you and let you know what is okay and not okay.
        May I please kindly refer you to an older thread of mine, My Way of Coping. It should be found on page 2 of this forum section.
        Like I say there and still believe, focus on what you can do, not on what you can`t. Most of your limitations will be self-imposed.
        Best of luck with your programme!

Comment

Working...
        X