Bras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bras

Lol! Did I get your attention? So, I'm at the 3 month mark and starting to feel the pressure to go back to work. I'm also getting out of the house some more. So far, it's been flop-city, if you know what I mean. I've tried on some of my old bras (the more comfortable ones) and just can't tolerate the compression on my ribs and back. I have the kind that are not a band, they're more like stretchy material. I don't know what to do! When did you start wearing bras again? I can't believe I'm going to write this, but any " tips" on this issue? Hehe
    T4-Sacrum fusion, with pelvic fixation in January 2015, Dr. Lonner in NYC
    10 osteotomies, rotation from 25 to 2
    Diagnosed at age 11 with double curve, 36 and 45 degrees, Braced for 2.5 years
    At time of surgery, curves were 45 and 65 degrees
    Chronic back pain, worsening, since age 11
    Tried every pain management procedure, acupuncture, chiropractor, physical therapy ever created
    Mom of 2 cuties!

I feel your pain! I didn't wear a bra at all during recovery as my skin was just too sensitive. I did start wearing a bra when I returned to work and would rip it off as soon as I got home. But it's getting a lot better, I think your skin just has to toughen up.
    Before 39* lumbar at age 18, progressed to 74* lumbar and 22* thoracic age 55
    ALIF Jan 13, 2015, PLIF Jan 15, 2015 with Dr William Stevens, Honor Health
    Fused T-7 to S-1 with pelvic fixation

After 38* lumbar

Xrays
    Before: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...7&d=1414268930

After: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...6&d=1424894360

Comment

I am right there with you! I still rip off clothes and slip into a fluffy robe the second I get home. I just cant stand the feel of clothes anymore, but also don't feel going butt naked (which I would love) is appropriate so I deal with a soft stretchy sports bra during the day and soft robe by night. I am like superwoman with my costume change!

Tamena
      Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

I didn't wear a bra for 2 months after surgery. I'm over 6 years post-surgical and I still can't find a comfortable bra. I only wear them when I have to and I remove it the minute I walk in the door. It doesn't bother me any more over my scar, it's the tightness around my ribs I can't stand.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
        X