Medtronic Company - Infuse is the BMP product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medtronic Company - Infuse is the BMP product

Started looking back to one of my first initials blogs when my United Health Care Insurance turned down my surgery because of the intentions of using a product not FDA Approved. I did my best sales job on Dr Bridwell to convince him that he has to fight for my cause. I was so good that he picked up the phone and by luck got to talk to someone and approval was done.

On my way to the TOP !!! got the operation, moved from California to St Louis temporarily (cat and everyone) in order to be with our 2 graduate students in Missouri. Little did I know. Recovery for 5-7 months and things went downhill. Possibly problems with Cronkite Canada Syndrome, same as other surgical patients from same office/hospital etc. Got well and the back started to change. It is like being a mother who knows, senses, and see things in their children. My back was changing and no one could agree.

Now that I require a revision in order to remove all gear, in California at our great Univ. of California institutions, my new surgeon asked me to confirm the brand name of the hardware. MEDTRONICS and IFUSE are two very familiar names to me from my research back them and from all the news, ambulance chasers, and other hints I got from visiting Dr Bridwell last september on a day that he was to appear in court to testify about that company. No reason to mention that he was very pissed to have to go testify, I remember and coincidense is that I was there complaining about pain and it was totally dismissed.

I would never sue but now I am the 'one' feeling the pain. Good thing I had a CT Scan done last week and it would tell if the BMP caused overgrowth however not about the amount of pain I have.

I just wanted to share this as it appears that BMP and another brand are the two most used instead of harvesting from the hips as they are another package of pain. Pray that you are not among the unlucky because all this is part of science where a product is good if it helps the majority and the sorrowful minority Oh Well... unlucky draw.

Not depressed, not negative, not hopeful either that this is not a repair, revision, end of the surgeries, not even sure if I will wake up from anesthesia this time. Pain has taken so much of my want to live for motives.
    Gardenia
    Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
    pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
    Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
    T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Thankfully, while BMP has been a problem for some, the vast majority of patients have benefited greatly from it. I believe the majority of the problems of overgrowth have been in the cervical spine.

The alternative is usually iliac crest bone graft, and it's morbidity rate is significantly higher than BMP.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

All those lawsuits

Apparently, Medtronics settle for $22 Million but it is comes out to about $25k per claimant hardly anything but likely a lot for the lawyers.

I read that the problem is actually when surgeons applied way too much of the BMP than originally recommended. Fortunately, my cat scan does not mention any over-growth of bone material.

Otherwise, it is a great product, I think and believe.
      Gardenia
      Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
      pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
      Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
      T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X