Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure on tailbone

Hi all,

I have posted once before a while ago. But I am 27 and have 3/4s of my spine fused. I am a very active person but recently have been having severe pain in my lower tailbone. I had surgery when I was 14, so I am almost 15 yrs out. The fear of not being able to walk someday haunts me, but now the fear of chronic pain also does. As this is starting to happen a before I am 30. I need some uplifting words, so if anyone has some advice, or have gone through something similar please help! Thanks

Hi there,

Have you been to see a doctor and have spine x-rays to check how everything is looking? It is impossible to advise or know what you can try until you find out the condition of your spine.

I hope you can get some x-rays and will post again and let us know how you're doing.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Dear Camilynns-- I am so sorry to hear of your pain. I agree you need to find the source of your pain and deal with that, but in the meantime this may help with sitting. I had pressure on my tailbone and it ached a lot in the the first couple of years after my surgery so I bought one of those pillows (NOT a donut pillow) for your coccyx. It has a wedge cut-out in the back of the pillow, where your tailbone is, so while the rest of you is flat on the surface, your tailbone isn't touching. It really helped me. Here are some through Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_5h35b40my6_e

Best wishes in resolving your pain.
      Last edited by Susie*Bee; 04-02-2015, 10:38 AM.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Originally posted by leahdragonfly View Post
        Hi there,

Have you been to see a doctor and have spine x-rays to check how everything is looking? It is impossible to advise or know what you can try until you find out the condition of your spine.

I hope you can get some x-rays and will post again and let us know how you're doing.
        Hi Gayle,

I actually have. I was there in late December, and she said everything is fully fused, looks great.She said there is no reason to worry. I have a feeling it is because I have not worked out and been sleeping a lot because of sickness. You are 47 and had surgery as a teen? I just have this worry about growing old, and am so scared to have children at that. Can you help ease some of my fears? I did see you recently had another surgery bc of a broken rod. Thank you so much for your response

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
          Dear Camilynns-- I am so sorry to hear of your pain. I agree you need to find the source of your pain and deal with that, but in the meantime this may help with sitting. I had pressure on my tailbone and it ached a lot in the the first couple of years after my surgery so I bought one of those pillows (NOT a donut pillow) for your coccyx. It has a wedge cut-out in the back of the pillow, where your tailbone is, so while the rest of you is flat on the surface, your tailbone isn't touching. It really helped me. Here are some through Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_5h35b40my6_e

Best wishes in resolving your pain.
          Thank you for your recommendation, I will check these out!!

Comment

Camilynn-- I should have said I just went down to a store to buy mine... I think Wal-Mart may sell them, and you can go to any health aid supply store and they would have them and maybe then you could "feel" the product or even try it out through the packaging or they might have samples.
            71 and plugging along... but having some problems
            2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
            5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
            Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
            CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
            10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
            X