Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botox injections in thoracic for tightness

Hi Everyone:

Hope no one is in as much pain as me. Anyway, I have a new pain management doc - she's a DO and a neurologist, which is unusual, but she is nice and actually seems to care. She has agreed to give me the Botox injections I've been wanting for three years to help with my Thoracic (muscle on the inner side of rib hump) area. However, she is young and has never done this before. She asked me to provide her with some documentation on it for the Thoracic area - she's only done cervical and headache stuff with it. Does Linda Racine or anyone else have any articles or insurance or procedure notes on it so I can get this rolling? I'm having tremendous pain in my thoracic, burning, aching, and fatigue there as well. She doesn't know how to do it or how to code or bill it or anything.

Thanks much. Best wishes to all.
    1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
    2nd surgery: Re-done two weeks later; fused C7-L3. Left in chronic pain.
    3rd surgery: Hardware removal 1997, but still pain for 30 years.
    4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
    I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

Jess (jrnyc) gets botox injections in her thoracic back. You can try to PM her for which doctor does that. She has left the forum.

Good luck.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Tableone,

I sent you a PM. I had no idea Jess had left the forum. However, Pooka is right. You can send her a private message and it will go to her e-mail. That's how I got yours.

Best of luck.
      Rohrer01
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Well my new pain doctor told me that my MediCare approvd the Botox injections today and that it did not need pre-approval. I'm going to get it injected into the muscle under my rib hump, in my thoracic, where I feel the most fatigue. Will let you all know if it works. thanks for all the help,

thanks,

T1
        1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
        4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
        I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

Comment

Got my Botox injections today

Hi Everyone:

Well I got my first ever Botox injections in my Rhomboid muscles near my thoracic spine today! I have a new pain doctor who was a physical therapist before becoming a doctor and she was able to just feel my muscles, identify the knots, and inject. I asked for an RX for lidocaine cream and applied that first, so I hardly felt anything. I got 80 units in my rhomboid by my rib hump, and 20 units on the other side of my spine. I feel some relief! Not a lot, but a definite feeling of "nothingness" there, instead of that awful tight pulling. However, the left side now hurts more, so I will go back and get more put in there. Apparently we can go up to 300 units if needed. I highly recommend trying this if you have the "bearclaw" feeling or fatigue in your thoracic.

Comment

Working...
          X