Revision Surgery 3/11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cathydrew View Post
    I hope you're doing better, rehab sounds like it's helpful to a lot of people. Dr. Lonner never mentioned it to me, I wonder why. Did you go straight from surgery hospital to rehab? Where geographically is the rehab?
    It says on his website for pts with extensive surgery may require rehabilitation

Comment

rehab

I feel as if I should pack an extra bag then if he doesn't decide til the hospital? I'd want certain things with me. Geez I hope I find out beforehand.

Thanks.
      Cathy
      2 sons, one Syracuse University graduate (working for the Mets now), one college sophomore, one great husband and two fabulous cats
      54 years old March 5
      AIS 45 degrees Thoracic at 14, Milwaukee brace for one year in 1977 then in 2012 I found Dr. Baron Lonner ❤️
      Surgery April 8 2015
      Presurgical curves T77 L66
      Post surgical T27 L22
      Fused T3-S1 pelvic fixation, osteotomies and all the other stuff but you know what? It's done...

Comment

Originally posted by cathydrew View Post
        I feel as if I should pack an extra bag then if he doesn't decide til the hospital? I'd want certain things with me. Geez I hope I find out beforehand.

Thanks.
        That is what I do. It works out well for me.
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Hi NY:

Just wondering how you're doing after your revision surgery, I believe you said it was a complete revision, meaning they took out the old hardware? Anyway, hope you are doing OK, please let us know, it must be super hard with two young kids as well. How does the new hardware feel around your sacrum? I am probably facing surgery as well. Also, I am having neck problems too so when you are able, it would help me to know what was done to your neck and if that has helped.

Best wishes to you for a short recovery,
          1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
          2nd surgery: Re-done two weeks later; fused C7-L3. Left in chronic pain.
          3rd surgery: Hardware removal 1997, but still pain for 30 years.
          4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
          I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tableone View Post
            Hi NY:

Just wondering how you're doing after your revision surgery, I believe you said it was a complete revision, meaning they took out the old hardware? Anyway, hope you are doing OK, please let us know, it must be super hard with two young kids as well. How does the new hardware feel around your sacrum? I am probably facing surgery as well. Also, I am having neck problems too so when you are able, it would help me to know what was done to your neck and if that has helped.

Best wishes to you for a short recovery,
            Thorasic feels tight and numb. Hardware not removed but cut off at lower section and added too. Sacrum doesn't bother me just no bending lifting twisting for another 2 months
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X