Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revision Surgery 3/11/15

Quote Originally Posted by cathydrew View Post
    I hope you're doing better, rehab sounds like it's helpful to a lot of people. Dr. Lonner never mentioned it to me, I wonder why. Did you go straight from surgery hospital to rehab? Where geographically is the rehab?
    It says on his website for pts with extensive surgery may require rehabilitation

rehab

I feel as if I should pack an extra bag then if he doesn't decide til the hospital? I'd want certain things with me. Geez I hope I find out beforehand.

Thanks.
    Cathy
    2 sons, one Syracuse University graduate (working for the Mets now), one college sophomore, one great husband and two fabulous cats
    54 years old March 5
    AIS 45 degrees Thoracic at 14, Milwaukee brace for one year in 1977 then in 2012 I found Dr. Baron Lonner ❤️
    Surgery April 8 2015
    Presurgical curves T77 L66
    Post surgical T27 L22
    Fused T3-S1 pelvic fixation, osteotomies and all the other stuff but you know what? It's done...

Quote Originally Posted by cathydrew View Post
    I feel as if I should pack an extra bag then if he doesn't decide til the hospital? I'd want certain things with me. Geez I hope I find out beforehand.

Thanks.
    That is what I do. It works out well for me.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

December 8, 2014 - Another Broken Rod Surgery

Hi NY:

Just wondering how you're doing after your revision surgery, I believe you said it was a complete revision, meaning they took out the old hardware? Anyway, hope you are doing OK, please let us know, it must be super hard with two young kids as well. How does the new hardware feel around your sacrum? I am probably facing surgery as well. Also, I am having neck problems too so when you are able, it would help me to know what was done to your neck and if that has helped.

Best wishes to you for a short recovery,

Quote Originally Posted by Tableone View Post
    Hi NY:

Just wondering how you're doing after your revision surgery, I believe you said it was a complete revision, meaning they took out the old hardware? Anyway, hope you are doing OK, please let us know, it must be super hard with two young kids as well. How does the new hardware feel around your sacrum? I am probably facing surgery as well. Also, I am having neck problems too so when you are able, it would help me to know what was done to your neck and if that has helped.

Best wishes to you for a short recovery,
    Thorasic feels tight and numb. Hardware not removed but cut off at lower section and added too. Sacrum doesn't bother me just no bending lifting twisting for another 2 months
    Attached Images Attached Images