Thread: I Need PSO surgery info please. anyone had this?

I Need PSO surgery info please. anyone had this?

Pedicle subtraction osteomy. Very complicated. Long recovery. Trying to decide on two different surgery options. I need to hear someone who actually had this surgery. Thanks.

Sheila...

I work in a spine center where hundreds of complex surgeries are done every year. When I had surgery 4 years ago, I also had the option of PSO vs SPO. As much experience as I have, I couldn't possibly know as much about these procedures as the surgeons. I told them they should do what they thought was going to give me the best possibility of a good outcome. My advice to you would be to do the same. If you're the one to decide to have a PSO, and you have a bad outcome, you'll always wonder if it was because you made a decision based on weak anecdotal evidence.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.