Clear All

I just love your attitude, Susie Bee!
    Peg
    61 yrs old
    75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
    T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
    Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

Sometimes you have to choose to either laugh or cry. I much prefer to laugh. I enjoy life. Sure I cry when it comes to the loss of a loved one, miscarriages or a tubal pregnancy in my family, but usually I can find something good in most situations and I pull that up rather than dwell on the negative. Attitude is everything to me. As I study CMT a little more (I already had because of my mother) everything is falling into place that has been a problem with me. The intense cramps I've had (I would get them in ALL of my leg muscles and feet AT ONCE in the middle of the night and that was so excruciating. I have taken valium/diazapam (1 in the morning/2 at night) for the past 4 years to help prevent those, but I still get some not as strong. But cramping is a symptom as well. On our 'reunion' vacation to California to a spot near Yosemite a couple of years ago, despite my valium, on the first night I woke up with so much cramping that the pain caused me to faint, I hit my head on something going down, broke three toes, and hurt my arm -- and hubby was sure I injured my back. (I didn't.) We were in a rural area in the Sierras, I had 3 days to visit with family I hadn't seen in years (including my brother and sister), my four cousins and their spouses, (another is deceased) (I have a small family) so I didn't do anything about it. A month later I saw my PCP and I still had a knot on my head. (smile) Cramps are the pits. I get them in my hands also. It's nice to know there is a reason. Again I love you all and I will pass on info as I know it. Thanks for you nice message!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
      X