conference by surgeons on fusion to the sacrum surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conference by surgeons on fusion to the sacrum surgery

Here's some surgeons talking about how far to fuse in Scoliosis revision surgery. Also about pedicle screws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfMtAJOMhw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wc3cxkt3us

I kept thinking what was missing was a patient's perspective.
    1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
    2nd surgery: Re-done two weeks later; fused C7-L3. Left in chronic pain.
    3rd surgery: Hardware removal 1997, but still pain for 30 years.
    4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
    I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

Spine surgeons get perspective from patients several days a week. :-)
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Yes, but that's not really what I meant. : -? Doctors hearing from their own patients privately is not the same as patients contributing in person during a conference like this. I've been at other medical conferences and they have patients stand up and speak, and the doctors seemed to really appreciate it. It also helped put the procedures discussed more in context.
      1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
      2nd surgery: Re-done two weeks later; fused C7-L3. Left in chronic pain.
      3rd surgery: Hardware removal 1997, but still pain for 30 years.
      4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
      I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

Comment

Working...
      X