Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will anyone be in St. Louis this Wednesday to see De. Lenke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will anyone be in St. Louis this Wednesday to see De. Lenke?

I will be in St. Louis this Wednesday for my two year check and would like to see any of you who might have an appointment with him that day.
    Jane

Sorry, that is Dr. Lenke. I should have previewed my post!
    Jane

Comment

Dr. Lenke appt/

I will be there this Wed. for a 3+ month appt. I'm scheduled for an x-ray @ 1:15 & an appt. with Dr. Lenke @ 2:15. I hope we can meet. What time will you be there?
      Shari

Comment

Hi again. I should have checked the forum postings before replying. I had received an email from Karen (golfnut) - thanks Karen - telling me she had seen your posting. We are flying in Tues. from Sarasota, Fl. We fly to Charlotte & then to St. Louis. We will be staying @ the Parkway. I am 65 & had a 90 & 95 degree curve. Hope we can connect.

Comment

I would like to meet you also. I will be 69 this fall. I had a 68 degree lumbar curve with a lot of rotation. We will be flying from Columbia ,SC through Charlotte also and when we arrive in St. Louis will go to have a treadmill test at 2:00pm and then x-rays.(you can show up for your x-rays the day before your appointment if you wish) we are staying at the Parkridge Hotel also. I have a 9:00 appointment with Lenke, although he will be backed up by then. We will leave for the airport Wed. Around 2:00 to fly home. I am 4'11" tall and have short brown hair and will probably be wearing black pants and a black and white top. Hope to see you. Jane

Comment

Jane,
            Two years! Wow how time flies by! Hope it all goes well!
            Tamena
            Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Thanks Tamena!
              Jane

Comment

Jane I just sent you a private message.

Comment

We're back from St. Louis. My visit went very well. We were able to meet Shari and her husband and went to dinner with them Tuesday night. She seems to be doing amazingly well for just 3 months out. Dr. Lenke said he saw signs of fusion in my spine. He said I would not have to return until year 5 if I have x-rays taken locally next year and the following year and send them to him. I am experiencing trochanteric bursitis in my left hip so he had his physical therapist show me some exercises to do. I have had this hip injected with steroids since May but without good results. I am having to cut back on my walking some because of this hip pain but am continuing strength training with my trainer twice a week.
                  Jane

Comment

hi jane
                    i am surprised to read about the bursitis since you had fusion...

i have been told that the bursitis in my left hip is caused by
                    uneven loading of spine due to my scoliosis...i have not had
                    surgery, though it has been recommended to me by every
                    scoli surgeon i have seen....
                    i have 41 T and 64 L curves, with arthritis, listhesis, spinal
                    stenosis, etc...

i hope you feel better soon...

jess...and Sparky

Comment

Jane,
                      I am glad you got a good report. I met Shari in Sarasota before her surgery and at the Parkview Hotel after her surgery. That's so nice that you got to meet each other.
                      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                      Rib Hump-GONE!
                      Age-60 at the time of surgery
                      Now 66
                      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
                      X