No announcement yet.

Nerve Pain Medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chihuahua mama for your feedback! My doctor put me on gabapentin for now and prescribed a cream. Ill be anxious to see if it helps. Only added a second dose of gabapentin today so its too early to tell.
    Surgery Jan 6, 2014 at 38 yrs
    Posterior Fusion T10-L4, osteotomy 1 lev.
    Pre op-Thoracolumbar Curve-50 degrees

Comment

Going for MRI today...feeling anxious to get it over with and hopeful to be on a path to pain relief. Feel low lately and would like my old life back. I'd take the pain I was in before surgery over nerve pain but what can you do. Thinking of everyone reading this who is also struggling with pain and complications and sending healing thoughts your way...

Comment

Good luck! Hope they can determine what the problem is.

Tamena
        Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Thanks, Tamena! The radiologist report, which I've already seen, indicates a mild bulging disc at L5-S1. The pain doctor still needs to see the actual MRIs. Maybe the new alignment of the spine is causing the disc to compress a nerve or something. I have no idea but I'm hopeful an injection will help. Will wait to hear from him...

I'm going to post a journal article summary about bmp on another thread. I'm glad they found the source of your pain but so sorry that it will mean another procedure for you! I hope they can get you in quickly...

Comment

I'm getting a facet joint injection Nov 4-finally! The doctor is pretty confident it will help but I'm trying to manage my expectations... A little scared about it, but mostly hopeful. I avoided them before surgery but I think this is a different situation.

Comment

Working...
            X