Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PT as a treatment of scoliosis

Someone knowing Schroth here might answer your question.

Just an update to keep the track on my progress. Scale is now on 78.5kg. I've been gaining 1kg per month for the last 9 months while maintaing body fat around 11%. Those newbie gains
    It is satisfing when someone who haven't seen you a long time compliments how you got so muscular, I used to be skinny as a stick. Confidence gains too I progressed so much on a deadlift and I think I will stop adding weight on this excercise, I don't wan't to injure myself, I already got very good strenght base from this excercise. Maybe in future I will post some pictures to motivate others. Until next time, stay strong and don't give up

Great Boogaloo! It would be good to see your pics.

https://youtu.be/eTy-EqSjN3A

https://youtu.be/nzAytFMwFNU

Two very common myths about weight training. I am not sure am I allowed to link you tube videos here, if I'm not let me know.

One thing popped into my head today. My scoliosis was 30 when I was 180cm tall and I almost had no deformity from scoliosis, I felt completely normal. I am now done growing at 186cm and now it is 40 and deformity is much worse than it was at 30 and risk of further progression is greater.
    Probably there is a medical way of stunting growth in teens with some medications or hormones( I am not sure about this ). If it is possible, would it be reasonable to stunt growth when my scoliosis was 30, I was already happy with my height. I would have scoliosis that has no impact on my self image, odds of progression and further problems would be much lower. Maybe this is kind of a silly question but I would like to hear your thoughts on this idea.

Yes, it s a good idea and it is possible with hormones like cortisol.