flatback syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flatback syndrome

I'm a 42yr. F just recently diagnosed with Flatback Synd. I am actually seeing a chirop. today after being in pain for the past 2 years. I have been doing mild exc, and got a treadmill for the winter walking but that seems to make it worse. When I sleep at nite I toss and turn many times. I had scoliosis at age 12-13yr, operated on for a curve of 68 degrees more than 25 yrs ago. It is good to see I am not the only one and get some suggestions from many of you. I had a harrington rod placed and fused at t3-L 4 and have had 2 children at 24 & 26 naturally without any problems. I am a nurse and do work with some heavy patients but have always used good body mech. I am looking for some good excersises to do. thanks jd

Hi...

You may get more responses from the Adult:Non-Surgical forum.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

jd
      There is a wonderful yoga for scoliosis program that I have followed, along with Tai Chi and Chi Gong for pain management for years. I understand that pilates is also a great regime. A woman I know is a pilates instructor who had scoliosis surgery 1 -2 years ago. I am waiting for surgery in June and my hope is to quickly get back in shape as soon as I can. maybe not as quickly as I would like, but progressive developments anyway. I have used hypnosis as well. Nightly self-hypnosis. I agree with Linda the alternative medicine site should be useful.
      Christine

Comment

Working...
      X