Apt May 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apt May 23

Is anyone going to be in St. Louis Wednesday night May 22 or in the morning on the 23rd? I have my 6 month apt with Dr. Kelly.
    Tamena
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Wow Tamena, I'm amazed it's been six months already. How have you been doing?

Best of luck with the appointment, and please let us know how you are doing these days.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Originally posted by leahdragonfly View Post
      Wow Tamena, I'm amazed it's been six months already. How have you been doing?

Best of luck with the appointment, and please let us know how you are doing these days.
      Thanks! Aside of some nerve pain still hitting me I am doing well. Time is sure flying by quick.
      Tamena

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Tamena,
        How was your 6 month check up with Dr. Kelly?
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Sorry, got busy at work and forgot to write the results. Things are healing. Still having nerve trouble so I am staying on the Gaba a while longer. I have started PT to work on re-gaining my strength and core. I now have a custom orthotic heel lift to help with the pelvic tilt that I have. I am using my TENS for the nerve issues in the lower back and to relieve tension in my neck and shoulders. So, all in all I am do great on the road to recovery.
          Thanks for checking!
          Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

Glad to hear that you are healing well
            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Need a little advice: a week ago today I was standing on the concrete patio holding my lab/great Pyrenees (10+) dogs leash when two of my kids rode up on their horses and freaked my dog out. In all the commotion Chloe (my dog) took off running and it happened so fast I didn't respond by letting go of the leash. So I got thrown to the ground and stepped on by her.

Since then I have been taking prescription anti inflammatories, using a TENS Unit, ice, Voltarin gel, bio freeze, flexeril, and heat. Nothing seems to be taking the pain away. The pain is from the top of my right hip to the middle if my butt. Is this the area that the pelvic screws are? And how long should I wait to naturally let it heal before going for an X-ray?

Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

I hope the pain is inflamation and will heal with time, but if it were me, I would call Dr. Kelly's office and tell them what happened to see if they think you should get an x-ray.
                Last edited by golfnut; 07-11-2014, 08:09 AM.
                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                Rib Hump-GONE!
                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                Now 66
                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Hi Tamena,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I agree with Karen that you should definitely call your surgeon since it is not getting better after a week. See if they recommend x-rays.

Take care,
                  Gayle, age 50
                  Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
                  Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
                  Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
                  2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
                  2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Hi Tamena,

That sounds like it would be so painful and scary! I'm so sorry that happened!

I would second (or third) everyone else's advice. Figure it's better to err on the cautious side while we're still healing. At least it will give you peace of mind, too. It probably will take a little while to heal no matter what the cause of your pain...
                    Surgery Jan 6, 2014 at 38 yrs
                    Posterior Fusion T10-L4, osteotomy 1 lev.
                    Pre op-Thoracolumbar Curve-50 degrees

Comment

I'm with everyone else! You are doing a great job taking care of yourself, but call Dr. Kelly for his advice.
                      So sorry that this happened. S... happens!

Susan
                      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
                      X