No announcement yet.

Sex After Fusion to the Sacrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed, How do start a thread? The L5-S1 level doesn't give much trouble. I decided to have surgery to fix the non-union in my lower thoracic spine. That is what gives me all the trouble. My Dr. recommends that I have the L5-S1 level fused as the disc is herniated. He predicts this level will continue to get worse. so I should fuse it now. instead of having two surgeries. So I'm trying to decide if I should do it now or later.

Comment

New thread...

I'm definitely not Ed, but I can help you get started with beginning a new thread... You go to the main forum page (click on forum) and it will show you all the subcategories. Then you find the one you want to post in. I'm assuming it will be in the Adult Patients, surgical (revision) one, since you are adding on. So you click on that. Up at the top of the page, in bold, it says Forum: Surgical Revision. Just above that there is a blue oval with white writing that says "+post new thread". You just need to click on that and you can begin your new thread. Hope that helps.
      Last edited by Susie*Bee; 11-08-2014, 11:31 AM.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Linda's survey

Linda,
        I see this thread is older, but am interested in what you found out. I am looking at having a fusion to the sacrum below my original T3-L3 fusion and that is a concern of mine, right up there next to being able to do my toenails and shaving my legs in the shower...
        Angie

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
          Back to Austin Powers....

Q. Sex?
          A. Yes......

I look at some of the old stuff sometimes and just fall off my chair....LOL

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

It can be done.
            I have been having sex since 2011 with being fused C2 - Sacrum
            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

I had this concern too. Fused T3-Sacrum a year ago. We still haven't quite figured it out completely, but we are working on it! Lol. I'd be happy to answer any questions privately. Basically, it can be done, you just have to make some changes. For me, it's not the same as before in terms of preferred positions, but that's it. Same thing for shaving in the shower! As for the toenails....perfect lifetime excuse to get pedicures!!!! Definitely contact me.
              K
              T4-Sacrum fusion, with pelvic fixation in January 2015, Dr. Lonner in NYC
              10 osteotomies, rotation from 25 to 2
              Diagnosed at age 11 with double curve, 36 and 45 degrees, Braced for 2.5 years
              At time of surgery, curves were 45 and 65 degrees
              Chronic back pain, worsening, since age 11
              Tried every pain management procedure, acupuncture, chiropractor, physical therapy ever created
              Mom of 2 cuties!

Comment

Here's a PDF of the results.

SexAfterFusionToSacrum.pdf
                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                X